History Channel

Not yet I'll have to go there. I just know if they did this it sure wasn't mentioned and may have made them look less stupid for only pulling a 14 second pass. Hello relays are easy to swap if you're going to attempt something like this. And MSD ignition how many of us that don't run 7's run one of these? Really.

If the relay was bad, the fuel pump wouldn't run. The Poston fuel pumps are junk. I had 2 bad ones. We put one in my buddies 2.8 S-10, and it wouldn't even keep up with that.

5200 is it!? damn, whoever that was got a bargain, the parts were probably worth near that. With a JS intake on that bad boy plus one or two other mods and the right driver/mechanic there's enough there to take that car very far.

GLAD THEY DID NOT USE A 87 GN

NO....NO :eek:THEY SHOULD HAVE NOT USED A 86-87....
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WORST......:eek: 4 COMPLETE IDIOT WORKING ON HOT AIR GN'S WAS BAD ENOUGH. ATLEAST THEY PROBABLY KNOCKED 1.5 SECS OFF THERE 1/4 TIMES. 14.35 PROBABLY WAS A HIGH 13, BECAUSE OF THE ELEVATION OUT WEST. THE TURBO TWINS AKA THE BUTT BROTHER ARE TRUE POSTERKIDS FOR CONDOMS.

IT IS SAD THEY SCREWED UP WITH THE 85 GN, BUT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WORST OR EVEN DEADLY. WHY WOULD YOU GIVE "GRANDMA THE KEYS TO A 10 SEC GN" :D

JUST MY .02

CHUCK

PUNISH THE TURBO TWINS

MAYBE WE SHOULD PUNISH THE BUTT BROS. AND MAKE THEM RACE LEE THOMPSON'S 10 SEC 85 T-TYPE BTW, IT STILL DOES NOT HAVE A INTERCOOLER

CHUCK

Re: GLAD THEY DID NOT USE A 87 GN

Originally posted by cwmccray
NO....NO :eek:THEY SHOULD HAVE NOT USED A 86-87....
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WORST......:eek: 4 COMPLETE IDIOT WORKING ON HOT AIR GN'S WAS BAD ENOUGH. ATLEAST THEY PROBABLY KNOCKED 1.5 SECS OFF THERE 1/4 TIMES. 14.35 PROBABLY WAS A HIGH 13, BECAUSE OF THE ELEVATION OUT WEST. THE TURBO TWINS AKA THE BUTT BROTHER ARE TRUE POSTERKIDS FOR CONDOMS.

IT IS SAD THEY SCREWED UP WITH THE 85 GN, BUT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WORST OR EVEN DEADLY. WHY WOULD YOU GIVE "GRANDMA THE KEYS TO A 10 SEC GN" :D

JUST MY .02

CHUCK

got news for you man... These things work!

Timber good one... LOL Sorry dude but it's rude to always use caps...
I do want to say I'm a little disappointed on the lounge post-
Good example as to why no one should buy a hot air, Please this is good reason why "Certain" People shouldn't buy a hot air, I'm pretty damn happy with mine...

It seems everyone is upset over the poor performance of the cars. You have to remember that these guys had never worked on a turbo car before. They had never drag raced one before either. Hell, some of them had never even seen a Christmas tree before. I think a better driver and some tuning and these things would run deep into the 13s, if not better. When I had my 85 GN we took it to the track. The guy I was selling it to at the time drove it a few times. The best he could do was a high 9 in the 1/8. I drove it once but it popped halfway down the track and stalled for a second or two. I still managed a low 10. My other friend who had raced at the track many times before got in and on his only try he clicked off a 8.7. We had no scan tools or any way to see whether the car was rich or knocking or anything. With only a new driver we knocked off a whole second. With tuning we could have knocked off more. I'm not trying to take up for the twins but how many of us have put several parts on a car at once and had it tuned with no scan tools or test runs? I would rather thank them than bash them. How many other shows feature GNs? Not many.

I guess were all a bunch of know it alls since we have been so critical of such a "wonderful" show. I guess If I were 16 this show would rock for me too... LOL :confused:

did you see their response times.. .965 and 1.025 sad sad sad...

my 84 runs 13.7's with the hot air set up and and litle else...lol

haa haa haa the butt brothers they are... they looked out of their element... the cars weren't japanese..