84 Lier Siegler seat covers ; Best company to buy

Cadillac7834

Hey Fellas, overall my interior is in great shape. Searched high and low, and recruited a few local interior guys to try and source the material with no luck. The outer side bolsters on both sides need to be replaced. Leather or is it vinyl,is in great shape and the rears are really nice shape. Lookn like the best option is to go front seat covers. Heard some don't match the rears, which some companies will require a sample first before they ship. And others look cheap and I will not be happy with the product. I'm leaning towards Gbody parts, who carry PUI. They have the most competitive price, and seem to have good reviews. Thoughts, comments, questions, greatly appreciated. And if anyone has any old seats, and or extra material maybe that would be a better option. Thx

Do you have a good upholsterer in your area?

It's much easier to order the seat covers online. But, I couldn't bring myself to do it. Without physically touching and seeing it in person first, I didn't feel confident I would get what I wanted. So, I had mine done locally at a well known shop.

I didn't have a back seat to match either. Because I was doing the whole thing in a custom fabric. But still I needed the extra piece of mind.

Jax Seatcovers still in the Buick business?

Be careful who you get them from, should there be a bad match....

I talked to Diane at Jax. They do everything except the oe 84 seats. She said the original cloth material was a one year run and gone FOREVER!! Still lookin like PUI through G-body is best option for right now. Thinking about finding some door cards on ebay and maybe I could pull the material from them to path in the seats. I'm trying to keep the interior "original" for as few as these cars where made, but I second guess myself because they seem to be the bastard child of all the Grand Nationals. Wise man once said "Rare is not necessarily desirable or valuable". I'm gonna be patient and see what pops up, I have plenty of other work to keep me busy in the mean time.

I talked to Diane at Jax. They do everything except the oe 84 seats. She said the original cloth material was a one year run and gone FOREVER!! Still lookin like PUI through G-body is best option for right now. Thinking about finding some door cards on ebay and maybe I could pull the material from them to path in the seats. I'm trying to keep the interior "original" for as few as these cars where made, but I second guess myself because they seem to be the bastard child of all the Grand Nationals. Wise man once said "Rare is not necessarily desirable or valuable". I'm gonna be patient and see what pops up, I have plenty of other work to keep me busy in the mean time.
the upholstery shop I use has literally thousands of yards of miscellaneous fabric sitting on racks in his place. Some of it has been there forever. You may get lucky visiting a shop like this in your area. Even if they don't have the stuff sitting around, you may be able to find something real close. And if that's not close enough, doing the entire interior may be your only option. Unless 2 vehicles with the same optioned interior are sitting right next to one another, no one will notice.