83 turbo hot hair setup with carb

was just thinking if the epoxy comes off due to gas and stuff passing thru the the vents the epoxy could damage the compressor impellor :( man it is risky as hell.How about an edelbrock would that work.

was just thinking if the epoxy comes off due to gas and stuff passing thru the the vents the epoxy could damage the compressor impellor :( man it is risky as hell.How about an edelbrock would that work.

I had a 4 hole plate to help to seal off and make sure nothing fell through. But the dr_frankenstein link is the best way to go . I wish I knew that years ago.

I had a 4 hole plate to help to seal off and make sure nothing fell through. But the dr_frankenstein link is the best way to go . I wish I knew that years ago.

Thats not the only method, but the one that I prefer the most. Theres the powervalve method in which you modify a powervalve to give the same operation. However, i dont think the latter method will produce an accurate enough signal for max power.

And the race to 10's continues!

A.j.

found out a decent way from holley themselves how to boost reference the power valve on my particular unit. I have everything mounted but been working alot of hours, pics soon to come.I have a pdf file shows how to boost reference the valve on my particular unit cant post the pick for some weird reason can i email it to you see if u can figure it out.

Good Find Jimski!

Pic Posted!

281.jpg

A.j.

OK,

My intake setups arrived wedsday of last week but im just finally getting around to playing with them. And right off the go I can see the limitations of these setups. I'm going to use them as a reference to design and build the final intake unit. One unit will be up forsale while I will keep the other for myself, So if anybodys interested in a good extra unit nows the time.

However I was already ahead in an alternative to the factory setup though it is quite a bit different and will take alot of fabrication- but it keeps to the idea of being Draw Thru.

I will have Pics soon to help keep everybody updated.

A.j.

Ok im getting ready to hook up the turbo charger and the holley in the cutlass it is gonna be very interesting.pics to come soon

I was thinking can i use the cutlass 1984 ecm to advance the spark,it does have a knock sensor on the back of the engine?? and most of the plugs are the same as a 82 /83 as far as i can remember.Im also thinking of going back to electronic quadrajet since the harness on the 84 has the same plugs.can i use this ecm ?This a a 84 cutlass supreme 82/83 hot air installation.

Nothing really,just picked up a fresh 109 block 44,000 miles on it.So basicly it is still kinda new.

I was thinking can i use the cutlass 1984 ecm to advance the spark,it does have a knock sensor on the back of the engine?? .......Im also thinking of going back to electronic quadrajet since the harness on the 84 has the same plugs.can i use this ecm ?This a a 84 cutlass supreme 82/83 hot air installation.

Hey I had a 1984 N/A Regal Somerset with an OEM knock system. It should all be plug and play for everything else. The knock system may work too. They did'nt use an ESC as far as I remember. So I assume it was pre-programed into the PROM chip/ECM. Knock sensor was there and wired up.

Too bad I did'nt rip out the knock system prior to junking the car. It would of been worth studying how it works with a turbo system.:(

Maybe Rich knows something about how the N/A knock systems worked. I've only seen them on the '84 N/A 3.8's.

If it works, I'd suggest guys who are working on a conversion hunt down these systems in boneyards since they were being offererd on 84 N/A's.