83 Turbo Engine going...going...

Boostmeister

1983 turbo engine getting ready to junk. All parts cheap. Rt header (few dents), timing cover, intake, plenum, turbo (some play), up pipe, heads, block, etc. Offers? what do you need? Don't know about the crank yet, haven't gotten that far.

83 turbo parts

Interested in shipping some of those parts to Canada? Need valve covers, the turbo assy, chrome carb cover and plastic flex pipe (to the air cleaner). Might be interested in a few other pieces in a package deal. Will go over my want list tonite. Post or PM me back a price on above and I'll get back to you tomorrow; thanx, Dave

Why not? I do not have the chrome cover and flex pipe, but the others yes.

What else were you looking for?

83 turbo V6 parts

OK, looks like I also need the harmonic balancer and RHS exhaust manifold. If the distributor has a good ESC plug, and the EFE heater under the carb baseplate is not rotted out I can use those as well. Sorry for the delay; working about 300 miles from home and had to phone a friend to eyeball my engine and parts at the shop. He just called again and said he can't find the EGR valve (under the plenum) or the AIR switching valve assy. (at the front of the engine) That should do it...I hope...shipping on the manifold and balancer isn't going to be pretty, so I'm going up to the USPS website to ballpark these items and depress myself... :rolleyes:

I know I do not have the EFE heater (it melted a long time ago -never missed it). I have to check on the distributor (I'm on the road, be home Friday). The rest should be no problem.

83 parts

Cool...I'll wait for your reply; I should be home by friday as well

83 turbo engine

OK, replied to your e-mail; waiting on a price, thanx, Dave

The sensors are different.

1978/82 used an accelerometer. 1983/87 used a piezo.

GM and the local parts store may still carry the accelerometer, but it's not cheap. :(