82 GN Headers & Exhaust

Rareusgold

I am restoring an 82 GN. Does any one know have any suggestions about where I could get good headers and exhaust system for it? I want to make it a duel exhaust and would like headers.

I tried to keep the originals, but the are just too far gone. I will keep the original exhaust manifold if the next owner wants to restore the car back to the original. But I will probably never sell my baby!

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

Rich

Is your '82GN NA or is it one of the turbocharged ones? If it is NA many places makes headers for it: Pace setter, Hooker, etc. But if it is turbo charged then best bet would be look for '83 t-type headers or '84-'85 hot air headers will work.

82 gn

It is a NA car. I was wondering if hooker would carry them for a 4.1L engine. I am finding that the 4.1 is tough to get parts for. I am down to the exhaust system. Everything else is looking good. I am just stuck on the headers. I will give hooker a call tomorrow.

Ps I am going to look at a 64 Riviera tomorrow! Any thing to look out for?

Thank you

Yes hooker has them. so does pace setter, Order them for the 3.8 if your having hard time with the "4.1" same everything in that area so it fits either engine.

Sweet Rivi !!!!
Yes the first body style rusts in some weird places. Sooo.. look in the trunk, both sides and the rear body panel, the rear valance, around the pinchweld in the quarters and rockers, the A pillar on the bottom, bottom of the wind shield and the back glass. It has the X frame it's pretty stout and not likely to rust BUT check anyways. Those things have a really weird exhaust too. and a one year only version switch pitch th400. So what's it got for power? 401ci 425ci with 2X4's or 425ci 1X4

I've got a set of Hookers (the headers, LOL) but they're for the tubo design. You just don't use the cross overs and fab the pipe to the cat and back. Not a bad deal if you want more power. If you can find a set of Kenne Bell headers you'll be better of but good luck with that.

I've got a set of Hookers (the headers, LOL) but they're for the tubo design. You just don't use the cross overs and fab the pipe to the cat and back. Not a bad deal if you want more power. If you can find a set of Kenne Bell headers you'll be better of but good luck with that.

How much for the headers... ustetaboost and I talked and I wont purchase the header panel, so I have a few ducats left over, however I NEEEED Headers because mine are a complete HACK JOB:mad: from a old v8 that are pretty much shot.

How much for the headers... ustetaboost and I talked and I wont purchase the header panel, so I have a few ducats left over, however I NEEEED Headers because mine are a complete HACK JOB:mad: from a old v8 that are pretty much shot.

These won't work on your car because of the way they're designed. They look like NA headers, just short. Go to the for sale section and see if you can find a set of HA headers. They're the same as the 83.

These won't work on your car because of the way they're designed. They look like NA headers, just short. Go to the for sale section and see if you can find a set of HA headers. They're the same as the 83.

I reckon that he is still NA Charlie....

A.j.

Yes hooker has them. so does pace setter, Order them for the 3.8 if your having hard time with the "4.1" same everything in that area so it fits either engine.

Sweet Rivi !!!!
Yes the first body style rusts in some weird places. Sooo.. look in the trunk, both sides and the rear body panel, the rear valance, around the pinchweld in the quarters and rockers, the A pillar on the bottom, bottom of the wind shield and the back glass. It has the X frame it's pretty stout and not likely to rust BUT check anyways. Those things have a really weird exhaust too. and a one year only version switch pitch th400. So what's it got for power? 401ci 425ci with 2X4's or 425ci 1X4

I will check out hooker thank you.

The Riv is a 425 4B. I do not know if they made any of the 2 X 4's in 64. I think they might have started in 65. I am not sure. But it is a 425 4B wildcat.

Oh yes you could order the 425 with two four barrel carbs in '64

Sounds like a sweet Riv Take some pics!!