8.74@157

Sweeeeeeeeet......

Now thats a thing of beauty. Anyone who looks under your hood will know
(YOU ARE NOT PLAYING AROUND):eek:

Nice rims Chris! I had to buy a set of Alumastars for the back AND THEN Weld sold me the Magnum centers to replace the star because they were not able to sell the whole wheel? Hope you had better luck than I did!

I actually got a good deal on a new set of rears from Ryan Mosley. FYI to strip the anodize off the gold centers I used caustic Soda or Sodium Hydroxide, which is Lye. This is the ingredient in Oven cleaner or drain cleaner that strips anodize. It is a heavy alkaline and works like a charm. Took 15 minutes to strip both. I bought an industrial drain cleaner from Lowes and it stripped it right off. I wouldn't let it soak over night though as it is corrosive to aluminum. After a good rinse you could polish them by hand. I am going to sand out the machine marks let behind first. I couldn't find a good oven cleaner that would even touch it, they are all fume free non-txic BS.

We are also going to a 12pt polished stainless bolts adn stainless recessed button head rims screws. I'll post a pic when they are done should look pretty cool.

Looks really nice! You ever consider ceramic coating the outside of the turbo exhaust housing? I got mine done for $60 and it has held up great. :cool:

Nice rims Chris! I had to buy a set of Alumastars for the back AND THEN Weld sold me the Magnum centers to replace the star because they were not able to sell the whole wheel? Hope you had better luck than I did!

Here are the pics of the rears. I stripped the centers, used ARP 12pt polished SS bolts and then we recessed the rim screws and used SS button head screws. Tough to appreciate in the pics but gives it a custom look.

Attachments

• 100_0237.jpg
    100_0237.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 916
  • 100_0238.jpg
    100_0238.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 929
  • 100_0239.jpg
    100_0239.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 904
Chris,

That set up looks amazing.
When will you have the car out???

Update

It has been a rough year for us but we finished on a positive note and I thought I would post an update. The car is sporting some new paint and looks pretty good. Unfortunately the new paint is a result of a crash at Norwalk from a bad shock. We never recovered from that to finish the point series but ended strong this weekend at Norwalk.

First the bad:

TSO Round 2 Norwalk2007 Chris Lyon crashes into the wall - Putfile.com

Now the good:
http://www.knights-rule.com/cgi/gallery/d/10393-1/lyonsatco896.wmv

http://www.knights-rule.com/cgi/gall...onsatco855.wmv

The first pass I ran a 8.63@160 off the trailer. There isn't a video of that run and I pooched the launch with a 1.40 just to get a clean pass.

The first video is the second pass. I tried leaving harder on the second pass and the wheels just spun when I left off the T-brake. I let off the gas and jumped back on it since I still needed the data for tuning. You can see it in the video but the car picked the front end back up off the ground when I got back into the throttle.

The second video is the 8.55 pass. I had to pooch the launch again with a 1.39 60'. Car ran smooth and straight. The track was cold and unprepped. My slicks are also pretty beat as I've run them all season so getting traction was difficult.

60' 1.396
330' 3.684
1/8 5.552
mph 131.24
1000' 7.172
1/4 8.558
mph 162.45

I have to thank Lonnie for his patience in helping me get this mess sorted out. He came up a new cam profile that really made a big difference. Lonnie ground a new cam that was larger and actually spooled the car faster and made more low end power than the old grind. I really only have three passes on this combo and the tune could still use some work. The motor revs alot faster now and the transient fueling needs adjusted along with the VE table.

The new TQ converter from Bradco and Kip also is a key part in this. We were 7320rpm in the traps on the 8.55 pass and 7230rpm on the 8.96 pass. The was 2.3% and 3.3% slip according to the TCI website. The new cam profile also will let us spool the turbo without the VSC.

Attachments

• DSC_0099.JPG
    DSC_0099.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 680
  • DSC_0243.JPG
    DSC_0243.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 682
  • DSC_0354.jpg
    DSC_0354.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 689
Nice! So what are some of the fun things you found on the dyno?

TurboTR

Not much other than my car makes 815hp on a Mustang Dyno and 996hp on a dynojet and neither one of them are worth a **** IMO. The MD is probably more accurate in loading the car and showing the HP curve as it seemed to more closely match the VE table going down the track. The #'s on the MD are kinda bizarre though. The Dynojet is way off and can't load the car correctly especially at this power level. I feel my intake may have a few "issues" and I plan to do some testing with a ported champion intake this winter.

Chris,

I have never seen the crash before... I am sorry.
It is nice to see you get the car back together and better than ever.

I can not view the 8.55 video....

PS: I am glad the bigger cam helped I thought it would. =)

Thanks dude, that works just fine.
The cinematographer was either really excited or there was a mild earthquake.:eek:
Good luck next year.

videos

Unfortunately I don't have any video of my last runs. There was a guy at the track that was filming that day but I couldn't find him to see if he got any of the car. Our track is now closed for the year so I'll have to wait a little while to better my times and mph.
Hopefuly Ted had better luck and got footage of his best pass. Going 170 plus in TSO legal trim is awesome! Congrats to him and all the crew on that pass. Maybe when he gets a chance we can see that video.

Dave Fiscus
8.34@167.09 in TSO legal trim

Unfortunately I don't have any video of my last runs. There was a guy at the track that was filming that day but I couldn't find him to see if he got any of the car. Our track is now closed for the year so I'll have to wait a little while to better my times and mph.
Hopefuly Ted had better luck and got footage of his best pass. Going 170 plus in TSO legal trim is awesome! Congrats to him and all the crew on that pass. Maybe when he gets a chance we can see that video.

Dave Fiscus
8.04@167.09 in TSO legal unfilmed trim

I call B.S On your Pass How could you of picked up 5 mph in 1 Pass and then you dont have any video and you can't find this guy that has the film. Maybe he also has my 17#.#9 pass and like i said before you are still behind the 8 ball you still need find 3 mph, come on Dave :rolleyes:

Well, what can I say? I really wish I had that video of the car. It seems that video is the only proof these days but then again there would be the whole weight,turbo,fuel,or even nos thing to contend with.The Sarge really did some tricks to the XFI. Without the diodes and the boost controller wired into XFI I would probably be struggling.

Dave Fiscus
8.34@167.09 in unfilmed TSO trim

I should of told them not to film it because they say the camera adds 10 pounds!

Well, what can I say? I really wish I had that video of the car. It seems that video is the only proof these days but then again there would be the whole weight,turbo,fuel,or even nos thing to contend with.The Sarge really did some tricks to the XFI. Without the diodes and the boost controller wired into XFI I would probably be struggling.

Dave Fiscus
8.34@167.09 in unfilmed TSO trim

I should of told them not to film it because they say the camera adds 10 pounds!

HOLY CRAP Dave! That is flying! Congratulations on that pass!!!!!!!!!! The only film I have seen you in has Avon dancing:biggrin: I am posting those #'s on TBS.com in Bamford's thread,You have definately paid your dues.