79,000 original miles 1987 Buick Regal Limited T-Type

Where is this car located? I am in Dallas. Been looking for white/black for a couple of years.

Yes, I have done all this, and all I keep hearing is " I wish you would sell that old car!"

That's when you explain to the wife the importance of heirlooms and then if she persists tell her to shut up.

I know of a guy that had a 65 Mustang back in the 70's or 80's. Wife wanted him to sell it so he did. Now the wife wishes she didn't make him sell it.

My dad passed down to me a restored 69 Nova that I've already made perfectly clear to my wife that it will never be for sale, EVER. It's been in the family 18 years and is going to stay in the family.

I can understand your situation but I'd almost rather take a $1000 loss on a piece of sh*t Scion mail truck, that will never be worth anything....as opposed to selling an heirloom that is virtually priceless.

But you can sell it if you want to, I guarantee you will kick yourself later. Been there done that.

I wish it would work where I could keep it ..... I do have to sell the scion also, which is going to be a loss.....

still for sale.....

I Have pics of the underside of the car if someone is very interested...... I cannot load any more pics here for some reason....

The car has no real rust at all!!!!!!!

only the frame and crossmembers have the normal surface rust, and the actual floorpan and other sheetmetal parts only have paint and no undercoating and no RUST!!!!!

That is one very nice car Gran ma gave it to you knowing you loved it now you selling it is going to hurt not now but mabe in 2 or 3 years thinking back it will bother you take a loss on the scion keep this beauty and pass it on to your kids bump for you on a very nice car but if it sells you will reget it

That is one very nice car Gran ma gave it to you knowing you loved it now you selling it is going to hurt not now but mabe in 2 or 3 years thinking back it will bother you take a loss on the scion keep this beauty and pass it on to your kids bump for you on a very nice car but if it sells you will reget it

Yeah, especially if the wife decides to ever divorce you.

If these are the types of compromises that women force upon men because they are "beautiful", they can take their good looks and walk. The sheer fact that she told me to sell it would be my deciding factor not to. And if she makes your life hell with nagging or heaven forbid, leaves you, I guess you found out something you never knew about your "beautiful wife". And this dictatorship will spread throughout other areas of your marriage, I can assure you. At only 3 months in, you better wake up quick. I would use the GN as my primary source of transportation and run that car till it fell apart, enjoying every minute spent in it. As I'm sure you're grandmother intended you to do when she thought to will it to you. This sounds like a freak'in episode of king of queens........I hate that show!

wow, you guys take something I say and really run with it, huh? Yes, my wife is beautiful. Yes, she doesn't really like the car, but she doesn't hate it either. Yes, I wish I could keep the car that my grandmother left to me....

I LOVE MY WIFE, and I AM NOT RESENTING HER IF I MAKE A DECISION..... I do have a pair, and I do use them if necessary to get something done....

The problems I face in keeping it:

1. One more car to keep going and maintained and nice, because that is how I keep our cars....

2. No good place to store it affordably without undue extra expense and hardship

3. No time to really enjoy driving it around.... I have taken it out for drives almost every weekend for at least 15-30 minutes, and although it is the nicest turbo buick I have ever driven, I am left with the feeling that I just can't take the kind of care it deserves and requires of a car this age.

4. I get up at 5:00 a.m. every day and usually get home around 6:00pm.... I am tired and I already have a second job-hobby business working on cars besides my day job.... I work on Subarus as my hobby business.... gotta love da turbos!!

5. We need a back porch on our house and I really don't have the money to do it unless we sell something major......

6. MOST IMPORTANTLY..... I just don't love the car as much as I used to...... and my Grandmother's passing has left a sour taste in my mouth about other things that happened to her estate because of bad decisions.....

Thanks for the thoughts from all of you though....

Installed Fresh Taylor Thundervolt spark plug wires and fresh plugs and it runs "AWESOME".... better than ever....

Also, touched up a few surface rusted underhood items and brackets to clean it up a bit....

This is not a LIMITED T-type,IT IS JUST LIKE mine a 1987 buick regal limited
T.Where on earth do you see T-TYPE??? I dont understand,You need to at least call the car what it is,Just dont understand..

John

This is not a LIMITED T-type,IT IS JUST LIKE mine a 1987 buick regal limited
T.Where on earth do you see T-TYPE??? I dont understand,You need to at least call the car what it is,Just dont understand..

John

For people that aren't Turbo Regal experts browsing this forum looking for a car, it helps get their attention. Some non experts might pass right over the thread if it just says 1987 Buick Regal Limited.

For people that aren't Turbo Regal experts browsing this forum looking for a car, it helps get their attention. Some non experts might pass right over the thread if it just says 1987 Buick Regal Limited.

That is what I thought also, thus the reason I posted it like this.... and, although I knew what the car is called, I decided to post it the other way like Klag said....

WHy so upset???? :confused:

I could call it a gold plated, special edition, WE4, with a factory Stage II block 4.1L 800whp car, and it doesn't seem like anyone would pay much more attention to it....

While it's still a shame, I understand your motives for wanting to sell your T. I've been on the roller coaster too...married in Sept. '05 but wanted a GN/TR for several years before that, so one day in August '07 my wife wakes up (works 3rd shift) and finds the GN sitting in the garage with no prior consultation.:eek: She wasn't exactly thrilled but she understood and knew how much I liked it, so a couple of months ago when I was thinking about selling it for my own practical reasons she vehemently said no. Now she changed her mind again (women are good for that, and maybe some other things too:biggrin:) and wants me to sell it, but I presently have no plans to do so even though it costs me almost $100 a month to store it plus all the other expenses involved. She doesn't push the issue too hard though, as she knows getting rid of it would make me miserable, and trust me, she doesn't want that. Anyway, that's a sweet car you got there. Good luck with the sale--I hope there are no regrets but unfortunately I think there probably will be.

O so true on the regrets thing. With that said ome one will be getting a real nice car when it sells. My wife was the same way when i said im thinking about selling cause im also paying like 120 a month for a storage unit she says no way plus the kids love the car