72 Chevelle (SOLD)

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Looking to trade a 1972 Chevelle SS for a 86-87 Grand National, bought this car from the original owner last year and its in great shape. Numbers matching 350 motor and trans 12 bolt posi rear end, A/C car ( needs recharge but did hold pressure) everything works except for the tach, new shocks, springs, and tires. Would like to do a straight up trade or trade and cash my way, not looking for any project cars needs to have nice paint and be mechanically sound. I will be ready to trade or sell in the next few weeks just putting this out here now. Asking $23,000 trade preferred. Located about 30 minutes outside of Detroit MI ( Belleville MI )
IMG_0651.JPG
IMG_0653.JPG
IMG_0656.JPG
IMG_0582.JPG
IMG_0587.JPG
IMG_0589.JPG
IMG_0655.JPG
IMG_0662.JPG

Did not really want to post engine pics yet because this is not the engine that will come with the car ( unless some wants to work out a deal on it ) but here are a couple I
IMG_0583.JPG
IMG_0578.JPG
IMG_0577.JPG
IMG_0579.JPG
have, I will get trunk pics later today, and will try to get pics under the car but I dont have a lift so I prob cant get good ones.

What you place the value at with the injected big block included?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

I was planning on keeping the big block but everything has a price. I have about 7-8000 into the engine and trans and have all receipts everything on it is new, anyway i would say 27,000 as is and that would also include the stock 350 engine and trans on the side.

I would sure like more details!!
Any rust anywhere?
Trans and rear also numbers matching?
If there's no leak, why does the a/c not work? It should be able to hold a charge.
Do you know the original miles?

Last edited:
Ill post engine details when I get home and look over my paperwork. Is that the details you are looking for ?

I know you're looking for a GN in trade. How about two?

Was told trans is original to the car i can confirm this if you know where i need to look for the numbers, i have confirmed that the engine is original and can post a pic, owner said rear end was changed but im not sure if he meant the entire housing or just the gears, again i can confirm this also if you know where to look. A/C blew cool but not cold when i bought the car ( was told it just needed a recharge ) when i did the engine swap i unhooked the ac line thinking the system was empty but it still had pressure in it ( scared the s**t out of me too ) I have not recharged it since knowing i was going to pull this motor back out eventually. Only reason I changed the engine out is because i did not want to do any performance mods to the original block, car ran perfect but i was looking for more power. If you look at the picture with the door open you can see a spot where it is bubbling that's about it for rust. Mileage reads about 46,000 i think i have to check, could be 146,000 but I doubt it. Its in great condition not perfect but one of the nicer ones around that has not been restored. Was repainted back in the 90's with a base coat clear coat job has like 2 very small chips and some light scratches but i will pay for a professional buff and wax job for the buyer.

Dont have room for 2 cars but i will entertain all offers as long as they are drivers and not projects.

My GN's are very nice, zero rust cars. Not projects. One is a ONE owner, the other a two owner.

I know you said that you don't have room for two, but.... I don't have one GN worth 27K, but I do have two that are easily worth that much. The reason I place that value on them is this:
My 86 is a one owner, (ME). Yes it has 178K miles, but the car has been very well maintained, and cosmetically restored, no rust, new paint, and interior. Everything works!! The numbers matching motor is on a stand and refreshed with new bearings, cam and lifters. The numbers matching tranny is still in the car and IS bullet proof. PTE44 turbo, MSD 50 injectors, CAS V2 front mount. And is running the SD2 speed density system. ALL bushings are Poly.

My (wife's) 87 is a two owner. originally a southern california car, with about 135K miles. Almost completely stock except TA49 turbo and bluel top injectors. Again a near perfect car with a new interior except carpet, very good 10 year old paint, runs perfect. Stock computer with Commander chip by Bob Bailey.

The mileage on these cars is the only reason I think they're both worth 27K+ combined, otherwise they'd be priced double that. BTW, they are both consistent show winners to this day.

Believe me, neither of these cars show or run their age!! There are many people on the board that are intimately familiar with my stuff.

If any of this interests you I'll be happy to forward pictures to you.

100_0598.JPG

100_0602.JPG

100_0605.JPG

Forgot to mention the 86 is a factory moonroof car (works and doesn't leak), 87 is a steel roof.