70 turbo streetability

I put a dual BB 70 on a friends car and its an animal on the street, spool is the exact same as it was with his te45a but it pulls WAYYYY harder.

I have a hybrid turbo that was on the GN when I got the car and it is essentially a 70 and it is VERY streetable. Drives great and spools VERY fast. From a dead idle you can stab the throttle to the floor this will hit 21 psi within 1.2 seconds on my phone's stopwatch. Not the most accurate method of measuring boost but very quick. Stock headers and TH 3" dp.

how steetable are these turbos,like for a daily driver?

What would the rest of the combo be? I had a 72BB p-trim before and it worked great with a 3000 stall.

That 70 turbo is going to require a supporting cast. Like bigger injectors, stall converter, another fuel pump etc. But with all that being said, a 70turbo is just fine as a streetcar. Ran mine for years and loved every aspect of its performance. I have a 70GTQ 4bolt turbo forsale if your interested, let me know.

70 turbo

i've got a 9" 3500 stall 50lbers,probaly upgrade them.is a double pumper a must?

ta 60

I have a te 60 on my car.I think you have a good bit left on the table with your ta60.I run 11.0s @ 121 with my 60 on 009 inj and alky.I want to go bigger also but want to go at least 10.99 on the te60.

I've got one on my daily driver, going on 4 years now. :smile:

No issues at all, Innovative DBB p-trim version, 3200 stall Protorque lockup.

Fun in the snow and ice. :eek: :cool:

I've got one on my daily driver, going on 4 years now. :smile:

No issues at all, Innovative DBB p-trim version, 3200 stall Protorque lockup.

Fun in the snow and ice. :eek: :cool:

Theres a guy on a site I frequent that I was looking at his 70mm GTS... HAd him talked down to 800 shipped, hes been sitting on it for a while... Think he still has it...

PTE70.jpg

Here:

"I have a brand new 70GTS from PTE.
70mm inducer compressor wheel, 94 mm exducer
GTS Exhaust turbine.
It has been "ported" on the turbine inlet and compressor outlet, smoothed out the casting to help flow a little bit.
It also has a black ceramic coating on the exhaust housing.
3" V band exhaust discharge, .81A/R T4 housing.
The compressor cover is a ported shroud H cover.
Rated for 875 hp by PTE.
PTE part number on the compressor housing (hand engraved) is 650-1735
asking $1000 shipped in the 48 states"

My Photo Gallery - MustGoFaster Album - Powered by PhotoPost

LMK if youre interested and ill send you his info

Theres a guy on a site I frequent that I was looking at his 70mm GTS... HAd him talked down to 800 shipped, hes been sitting on it for a while... Think he still has it...

PTE70.jpg

Here:

"I have a brand new 70GTS from PTE.
70mm inducer compressor wheel, 94 mm exducer
GTS Exhaust turbine.
It has been "ported" on the turbine inlet and compressor outlet, smoothed out the casting to help flow a little bit.
It also has a black ceramic coating on the exhaust housing.
3" V band exhaust discharge, .81A/R T4 housing.
The compressor cover is a ported shroud H cover.
Rated for 875 hp by PTE.
PTE part number on the compressor housing (hand engraved) is 650-1735
asking $1000 shipped in the 48 states"

My Photo Gallery - MustGoFaster Album - Powered by PhotoPost

LMK if youre interested and ill send you his info

FYI,
One thing you need to know about that 70 GTS turbo, Precision only made T4 V-band tangential style turbine housings, never made any 3-bolt Buick housings for the GTS turbine wheel. This was due to the fact that the Inducer/Exducer of the GTS turbine wheel would not fit inside the THB5 Buick 3-bolt turbine housing casting. This is why the largest turbine wheel for the Buick 3-bolt was always the GTQ turbine wheel.
Also, the only housing that would work decently with a V6 in the 270 CI range, would be the .81 A/R T4 Tangential.

I would never suggest putting that turbo on a 231-235 CI motor that was going to be street driven. Way too much lag.
HTH

Patrick

I have a Turbonetics T-72 P trim on my car. Lag isn't too bad. I wouldn't mind if it was quicker to spool, though. Ball bearing option would probably be just the ticket.

I have a 70 P Trim with the .63 exhaust housing and a 3400 convertor...spools nicely and very street friendly.