6x9's Sure They Fit

I

ITSA6

JUST A LITTLE INFO THAT MIGHT HELP OUT. I HAD ENOUGH OF DRIVING MY GN W/OUT GOOD TUNES SO I LOOKED ON THE BOARD TO GET SOME UPRADE IDEAS. I WAS HESITANT TO BUY 6X9'S BASED ON INSTALLATION DIFFICULTY KEEP IN MIND GUYS I'M NO STEREO INSTALLER BY ANY STRETCH, AND MY CAR IS A 36K MILE GN THAT I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO BUTCHER TOO MUCH. SO I THOUGHT 4X10'S WAS THE WAY TO GO. AFTER LISTENING TO THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSE AND THE 6X9'S I HAD TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THE 6X9'S WORK. IT TOOK ME 30 MIN FROM START TO FINISH TO INSTALL 6X9 SONY X-PLODE SPEAKERS FIT GREAT ALL YOU NEED IS GM SPEAKER ADAPTERS FROM BESTBUY OR CUIRCIT CITY ABOUT 20 BUCKS THE SPEAKERS I USED ARE MODEL NO. XS-V6921 THE REASON I THINK THESE WORKED IS THE MAGNET IS NOT TOO BIG SOUND GOOD TOO, IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY ? e-MAIL ME OR POST EM HOPE THIS HELPS.

The problem that most people were having was the 6 x 9 height form the top of speaker to the bottom of magnet. The bottom of the magnet was rubbing against torsion bar and also the metal hanger was not holding speaker in place very well. Your info on the Sony 6 x 9s will help others choose a speaker that will fit properly.

I never could get those adapters to work. Wish there was some easy installation instructions somewhere. I ended up mounting mine without the adapters, some how it worked! if you guys have a link to some good instructions let me know i still got these adapters sitting around!

My 6x9's and adaptors work fine. Done it a few times on various G bodies with fantastic results. I have Kenwood 3 ways on my GN and I have put in Blaus and JBL's in other cars with no problems..