6776 Ball Bearing with the H cover

Here's some pics of one with a ported housing...

Attachments

• 869C7BF7-A39C-3FA8-FDD572C67CF31A9E.jpg
    869C7BF7-A39C-3FA8-FDD572C67CF31A9E.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 844
  • 869EA256-B7C2-C705-07FD26971ED1D5A7.jpg
    869EA256-B7C2-C705-07FD26971ED1D5A7.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 843
  • 869F83E6-D5E0-A110-1345E4AA4E15BFA0.jpg
    869F83E6-D5E0-A110-1345E4AA4E15BFA0.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 853
lets see if my research does me right. The pictures above are of a....

p trim, small shaft, pte67, with an S cover?

dual ball bearing too i forgot:biggrin:

so a pte67, small shaft, p trim, dbb, with an S cover is my final answer heh!

The bullet hole design inlet is used on the TO4S compressor cover. That turbo pictured above like bkoons said, has a ported shroud S cover.

im calling pte, cottons, and full throttle today looking for pricing on this pt67 turbo. Hope to get some good answers so I can buy one this week already:biggrin:

thank you for the turbo info and pictures! Darkside

Now THATS what I'm talkin' about!!!

I'm saving my pennies and going to buy at BG.

PT6776 Ball bearing, .63 housing for THDP, Ported Shroud S cover (with the slots, not the bullet holes)

I'm going to put my order in now.......

Bob
:cool:

If I didn't just get an absolutly unpassable DEAL on a t66bb from a friend on the board, Ill tell you what my recent "shopping" lead me. I wanted to buy a 67, and email, pm'ed, and called a few venders on this board. I will admit that the best price I found was from mike from FT, in reguards to a 6776R, which is what I was looking for. but i went a different direction (t66bb) because it was such a good deal.

but if I was going to buy new, and right now(which I was). I would get the pte6776r with an h cover, dbb, 85 housing......if this tickles your pickle call full throttle. I got the best quote from him after all my rounds of pm's and phone calls. But those quotes didn't include warrenty talk, or taxes or shipping cost; just a ruff cost of the turbo alone. I wont say wat i was quoted, thats going alittle too far i think. Even isolating mike as the best price guy i feel bad, but it is what I experienced so I dont feel too bad posting what I experienced :)

a 66 or 67 are both killer turbos, in any of the trim's; p, q, dbb, single bb, they are both 10 seconds capable! Definitly the limit for most street cars who have some track time. But if your car see's mostly track time, just step up to a 70 and have the trim battles with that size of turbo. The cream of the crop will be (when it comes out offically) the pte67 dbb gtq, w/an H cover, .85 ex housing. That will be the 67 to end all 67's. But good luck on getting one of those, precision is back ordered on them, i tried myself! PTE told me on the phone some the tso and tsm guys are buyin those up and the wait would be a couple of months.

I'm saving my pennies and going to buy at BG.

PT6776 Ball bearing, .63 housing for THDP, Ported Shroud S cover (with the slots, not the bullet holes)

I'm going to put my order in now.......

Bob
:cool:

same one i got Bob... you'll be happy

hey I didn't even see this thread earlier...I have this same turbo...it has the ported shroud H-cover and sounds like a 747!

What convertor are you running? don_3d" And describe the sounda nd how and why do you think its so differnt? I have a 3400 stall and want something different but for the price of this I may just go for a Pt-70!

Art Carr 9" non lockup 3200 stall...and the sound is amazing even light throttle...it sounds like a Boeing carting around the runaway;)

i bought the 6776 im wondering the tag and writing on the turbo and paper work says 6776rs then thb3-76 on the invoice it says full ball bearing version gtb6776...thing is there is no bullet holes or porting whats the difference or gains/benefits can i get mine ported or? any help appreciated ...thanks noah.

Noah,
The turbo you have is a standard dual ball bearing PT6776RS (which if memory serves me correct would also have this part number engraved into the comp cover discharge 400-1551) with the regular TO4S compressor cover.
If you want a Ported Shroud compressor cover, you have two choices.

A. Purchase a "CCS67P" ported shroud TO4S compressor cover out right from PTE and reuse your hardware. (bolts and backing plate clamps)

B. Call PTE and see if they will exchange your CCS67 compressor cover with a CCS67SP cover and you pay the shipping there and back.

If you do the later, make sure you keep your hardware and tell them that you are going to keep your hardware. This way you wouldn't run into any unexpected surprises. Not sure on what current price is on just a compressor cover, but in the past they ran in the $150-$200 range depending on size and part number. You might want to ask for Pete, as he is the resident Buick guru there now.
FWIW, it might be advantageous to you to keep your CCS67 compressor cover and purchase the ported shroud version. This way you could do some back to back testing between the two, then post your results. It's very easy to swap out the cover. And I'm sure the rest of the Turbo Buick world would love to hear those results with this specific turbo.
Hope this helps.

Patrick

I just got a PTE 67GT Q trim 4" in 3" out from Bill Anderson for a Very Good Price! Not the Dual BB version like you guys are talking but I didnt want water lines. My 3400 stall will spool it perfect. The dual BB from what I understand can use less stall but in the end they preform pretty similar. They are all good turbos & will definately take you to the 10's. Enjoy cuz I knpow I will!

thats a great idea jedi knight guy...i think i will grab the other cover as well...thing is car still in pieces with about a month or two of putting it back together and a year of tuning it ...hah...ill see what i can do...thanks...noah.

I just got a PTE 67GT Q trim 4" in 3" out from Bill Anderson for a Very Good Price! Not the Dual BB version like you guys are talking but I didnt want water lines. My 3400 stall will spool it perfect. The dual BB from what I understand can use less stall but in the end they preform pretty similar. They are all good turbos & will definately take you to the 10's. Enjoy cuz I knpow I will!

Thats the exaxt turbo i just sold for 700 But with the ported cover... (Next to my old PT61755P here)... It was just a tad too big for street raping on my little motor. WOuld have ripped in a drag only aopp, but Im sure on a BUICK 6 its a ****in monster!!!! LOL>

PIC-0336.jpg

PIC-0335.jpg

I talked to precision to get ahokld of a ported S cover for the T04Z I just bought that has a nonported cover... They qouted me 179, and possible trade in value for my old cover....