67 Firebird with turbo 6 power!

Steve

Here are a few pics of my recently completed 67 Firebird hybrid. I bought the car 2 years ago with a 65 327 in it and swapped it over to a LS1. I then decided that everyone has a LSx swapped car so I then swapped it to a LC2. The motor is built just like the motor in my GN that runs 10.60's but the Firebird is 375 pounds lighter so it should run pretty good. In the pics it has a stock IC which is what I used on Power Tour but I am currently swapping it over to a A2W intercooler and then it will be off the track to see how it runs. I am considering selling the car once I get it all lined out. I like having a project but once its complete I lose interest and start planning the next project!:redface:

Firebird099.jpg

Firebird098.jpg

Firebird094.jpg

man, thats a cool ass ride!! my brother had a 1968 bird. i loved that car. my first car was a GTO and i would have loved it even more with a bad buick under the hood! great job!!

Great job! I love the way you ran your fuel lines. Where did you mount the fuel press. regulator? Everything looks nice an clean.

Steve,

Nice car. I've seen it before, though I can't remember where....

Also hello from a show-me-state resident.

Thinking of selling it huh? Man I'd love to have a 1st gen bird if I had the $$....I have an 87 T I'd trade ya. ;)

One thing I am interested in is where did you get your motor mounts? And did they bolt right in or did you have to make some holes/adjustments to the cross member? I'm thinking of dropping an LC2 into my 69 Nova, which shares the same stuff as the 1st gen F body.

Also how did you mount the intercooler? Did you use stock brackets and such?

Great job! I love the way you ran your fuel lines. Where did you mount the fuel press. regulator? Everything looks nice an clean.

Thanks! The FPR is located under the coil pack. I modded a stock fuel rail to accept a 8an line on both sides so the fuel comes in on the driver side then out the passenger and then to the regulator.

Steve,

Nice car. I've seen it before, though I can't remember where....

Also hello from a show-me-state resident.

Thinking of selling it huh? Man I'd love to have a 1st gen bird if I had the $$....I have an 87 T I'd trade ya. ;)

One thing I am interested in is where did you get your motor mounts? And did they bolt right in or did you have to make some holes/adjustments to the cross member? I'm thinking of dropping an LC2 into my 69 Nova, which shares the same stuff as the 1st gen F body.

Also how did you mount the intercooler? Did you use stock brackets and such?

I made/modded the engine mounts. I used the SBC frame stands that were in the car when it had the LS1 and I made the plates to relocate them. I put the motor back as far as possible and I used two 1/2" plates to extend from the rear of the crossmember(bolted in the factory holes) to where the mounts needed to be for the LC2. i ended up having to move the motor over 3/8" to the passenger side to help with header to steering box clearnace just like Chevy did on the BBC first gen Camaros and second gen Nova's. The plates where 6" X 8". The only trick was that I had to lower the motor into place with the driver's side motor mount and frame stand installed on the engine and then bolt it to the plate once the engine was installed which was very easy because with the plate extended from the crossmember the bolts were very easy to get to. I got the idea from TurboIndian here on the board and then just made to fit where I wanted the motor. The factory intercooler is attached with the factory brackets. A stock intercooler works fine but if you wanted to run a stretch IC you would have to remove the front crossmember and re-enforce the area. I am in the process of chagning my car over to PTE A2W intercooler that will work in the stock location using the factory brackets with no car mods required. I am going to use a new Shelby Cobra heat exchanger and intercooler pump to work with the A2W.

I made/modded the engine mounts. I used the SBC frame stands that were in the car when it had the LS1 and I made the plates to relocate them. I put the motor back as far as possible and I used two 1/2" plates to extend from the rear of the crossmember(bolted in the factory holes) to where the mounts needed to be for the LC2. i ended up having to move the motor over 3/8" to the passenger side to help with header to steering box clearnace just like Chevy did on the BBC first gen Camaros and second gen Nova's. The plates where 6" X 8". The only trick was that I had to lower the motor into place with the driver's side motor mount and frame stand installed on the engine and then bolt it to the plate once the engine was installed which was very easy because with the plate extended from the crossmember the bolts were very easy to get to. I got the idea from TurboIndian here on the board and then just made to fit where I wanted the motor. The factory intercooler is attached with the factory brackets. A stock intercooler works fine but if you wanted to run a stretch IC you would have to remove the front crossmember and re-enforce the area. I am in the process of chagning my car over to PTE A2W intercooler that will work in the stock location using the factory brackets with no car mods required. I am going to use a new Shelby Cobra heat exchanger and intercooler pump to work with the A2W.

Great fit and finish on this car :)

My first car was a 67 Friebird with a chevy drivetrain in it. The car ran really well because of how light it was and I have always kicked myself for getting rid of it. Mine had the fold down backseat option, same color as your without vinyl top.

Other than my Turbo Buicks it was the only car I've owned that got looks everytime I took it out. Very rare. If you want to sell it let, me know. I'd love to have another one escpecially with a LC2 in it :biggrin:

Thanks guys!

bsdlinux, I would sell the car. I am getting ready to build a stage motored car so I know that will be pricey!

That'll sure suprize some folks!

Never seen one in a old bird before! Way Cool!

Thanks guys!

A/C could easily be added to this car. Vintage Air makes a great in dash a/c/heat system that fits right into the stock location in the dash and then all you would need is to add the compressor(there is currently a A/C delete pulley installed) and mount the condensor and dryer and you have A/C! No cutting or modding required!:D