6266 or 6466...

halfcup87

Might get beat up on this one. But I've been banging my head against the wall here.... Deciding between the two.
Just ordered gn1's, champion ported stock intake, 70 mm tb, hemco, 80lbs, stock bottom end. Even main caps, I'm going to do the best I can with not outgrowing parts in the future (forged rotating assebly) I'll decide on cam after the turbo choice is figured out. And go from my AC 9 nl to a ptc dusty 9.5. I'll run my car on pimp gas and alchy, stock gn1s for now, and take it two the track a few times a year. I just want mainly a street monster. With this set up. 6466 too much??? Curious to hear your input. Thanks guys

You don't think it's too much for the combo now.... On low boost (so I don't hurt the motor)

I see these threads a lot lately,i can tell you you will need to upgrade the drivetrain of the car to handle the potential of the 64 billet wheel.tuning, suspension upgrades,transmission,good motor etc.

You don't think it's too much for the combo now.... On low boost (so I don't hurt the motor)

Big boost does not hurt the motor, a BAD tune will hurt the motor.

You have not given us an idea of what your plan of how fast you want the car to be, a 11 second car may to some while others expect to be the 9's or faster.

If I were looking for high 9's then I would get the 6466. It's going to take a lot of pieces to turn that number. The parts aren't going to be cheap either, especially if you plan on doing it consistently. Just know that it takes a lot more than just parts to run a number like that.

Ya I understand.... Just trying not to outgrow parts if I don't have too. If the 6266 will get me close and help spool I'm sure that would work well also.

Ya I understand.... Just trying not to outgrow parts if I don't have too. If the 6266 will get me close and help spool I'm sure that would work well also.
I just got a 62/66 but have not run it yet. There is a big difference in the price of the JB vs the Ball B rg turbo. The 64 will support 900 hp do you expect to get there? I didn't so I got the 62/66 expecting to go 10's. John

That's right John, your wanting into the 10's. The 6266 jb is capable of that easily, it should run into the 10.2+ range when conditions are perfect. The 6466 is what I considered prior to getting the 6766 jb, I'm glad I got the 6766. Mine spools up as soon as my foot touch the gas. I had it out last night, let it ease into 2nd at about 35 started crowding the accelerator and the MT's went up in smoke as the turbo came up on boost.

With all things being equal, shouldn't the gen2 6266 spool a little bit quicker then the 6466? little better for a street combo?