6265 or 6765?

forzfed

Which turbo would you guy's recommend? I was originally thinking of the 6765 but my machinist put my compression ratio down to 8:1 instead of 9:1.:( But this is on a 4.1 with a 224/224 roller and champion heads so it should still spool pretty good. I have a 9/11 3200 stall. Do think the performance difference would be that great between the two. Do you think the 6265 will spool much faster and be a more fun turbo on the street?

Which turbo would you guy's recommend? I was originally thinking of the 6765 but my machinist put my compression ratio down to 8:1 instead of 9:1.:( But this is on a 4.1 with a 224/224 roller and champion heads so it should still spool pretty good. I have a 9/11 3200 stall. Do think the performance difference would be that great between the two. Do you think the 6265 will spool much faster and be a more fun turbo on the street?

I think the car will need to be launched at 4500rpm or higher or its going to be lazy with the 224/224. Imo you should have went with a 212/212 and a either if what you mentioned.

doesnt the 6265 support 695 hp and the 6765 support 900? thats a big difference. what are you looking to get out of the car?

I was thinking the exact same thing as you but figured with the extra cubes I might be able to get away with a little bigger stick. I was thinking of trying the 6265 and then take things from there. The spool up is my main concern. If it doesn't like the big cam I might have to change it out.

doesnt the 6265 support 695 hp and the 6765 support 900? thats a big difference. what are you looking to get out of the car?

Guy's that have run both turbo's have seen very little gain with the 6765. Are you thinking of the 6768?

I think the car will need to be launched at 4500rpm or higher or its going to be lazy with the 224/224. Imo you should have went with a 212/212 and a either if what you mentioned.

212-212 seems really small for a 4.1.

Turbonetics now has a billet 64 turbo, that might fit your needs a tad more. I believe Cotton is the only GN Turbonetics dealer that would have this.
64/65 is a possible fit for you.

ported stock irons 210-215 roller cam bored 40 over 3300 stall stock location stretched inner cooler.fastest time 10.89 127mph 1.65 60ft

i have had both the 62/65 and am now running the tnetics 64 billet with an strim wheel,the turbo's are very differerent.the 64-strim makes much more power and you will need a very good 9 inch converter with the right stall.

212-212 seems really small for a 4.1.

Not really. Its better to run a slightly smaller cam and turn the turbo a little harder up top than a cam that has crap for cylinder pressure below 4800rpm and needs a lot of boost to pull up top anyway. He only has 8:1 CR also which will hurt the cylinder pressure quite a bit. The 6265 and 6765 wont spool much different either.

Not really. Its better to run a slightly smaller cam and turn the turbo a little harder up top than a cam that has crap for cylinder pressure below 4800rpm and needs a lot of boost to pull up top anyway. He only has 8:1 CR also which will hurt the cylinder pressure quite a bit. The 6265 and 6765 wont spool much different either.

you dont think the 224 would be fine if he has it set up with a 116* LSA?

would kinda help keep that dynamic pressure up...

A.j.

you dont think the 224 would be fine if he has it set up with a 116* LSA?

would kinda help keep that dynamic pressure up...

A.j.

It would be ok but nothing like a smaller cam for cylinder pressure at low rpm. 116 LSA will work the valvetrain harder because you have less time to achieve the events. Overlap equals power in all my experiences. Its just a little more peaky.

It would be ok but nothing like a smaller cam for cylinder pressure at low rpm. 116 LSA will work the valvetrain harder because you have less time to achieve the events. Overlap equals power in all my experiences. Its just a little more peaky.

Gotcha.

Much Appreciated Brian.

A.j.