62,000 mile 1987 Grand National ---lower price----

jnaarnold

johnarnoldphotography.net
p711246836-5.jpg

*******SOLD********

Well, I didn't think I would be doing this, but I guess nobody really wants to. I wanted to keep this car forever, but five kids and a full time family and career can change things. On to the car.
This is a no frills 1987 Buick Grand National. Like the title says, it has 62,000 miles. It's like most GN's as far as fit and finish and the common areas that need attention; sun visors, headliner sags ever so slightly. The car has been painted once by Buick from what I was told. It really looks good, but I definitely want someone to look at it before buying it. It was in a slight fender bender many years ago from what Carfax says. You cannot tell, and the vehicle was driven away. It has a few normal paint chips but the paint and body is in really good shape considering the age. The interior is also very good. The drivers seat back has torn a little down low, the sun visors need new material, but the carpet and mats and back seat are excellent. The dash is also excellent. The t-top plastic has a few minor cracks but nothing that couldn't be repaired. As far as I can see there is no rust on the car anywhere....I have looked. Floors, doors and T-tops are solid. Again, I am just being honest and I am only telling prospective buyers what I would want to know! The engine runs excellent and has the usual go-fast goodies: Turbo Tweak 93 chip, 3in cold air with K&N, 18-20 psi of boost, Alky Injection, adjustable wastegate, boost controller, RJC Powerplate, 160 degree thermostat, billet servo in trans and valve cover breathers. I might be leaving a few things off. The GN sports BFG 235/60-15 tires on all four corners. I also installed Autometer Ultralight Oil, Water and Boost gauge along with a Scanmaster to keep things in check. This car runs hard but has never been to the track. I would guess it is running low 12's with how it pulls. A set of drag radials would guarantee it! The air conditioning, heat and all electrical, including cruise control, work as they should. I tinted the t-top glass to minimize the amount of light that comes in and I also installed a Kenwood top of the line radio with Bluetooth, Pandora, HD radio etc., this sounds great with the concert sound package. I have priced these cars all over when I was looking and I feel I have a really good example of a decent mileage Grand National. I will upload other pictures when I can. Serious inquiries only please! Email is best.. jnaarnold@northstate.net
I am looking to get around $16,500 or best offer. I would entertain trades + cash for another Turbo Buick (1986-1987). I really would like a Turbo T or a T-Type around 13,500 w/ a little cash.
p743831398-5.jpg

p567190561-5.jpg

p835121163-5.jpg

p307320948-5.jpg

p275470194-5.jpg

p520518430-5.jpg

p711246836-5.jpg

p483654605-5.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man I wish this was posted about 1 month from now...I still have to get it tuned and finish installing the gauges, but I was looking to trade my blue 87 T for a GN

Oh man I wish this was posted about 1 month from now...I still have to get it tuned and finish installing the gauges, but I was looking to trade my blue 87 T for a GN
I could be persuaded to hold it.. ;) I would prefer to trade...do you have pictures and details?

I could be persuaded to hold it.. ;) I would prefer to trade...do you have pictures and details?

Haha, The mods are in my sig, I have some pictures I can upload tonight and could get some more this weekend. The car came from Alabama and has no rust, I bought it as a roller and recently got it together. Unfortunately the odometer stopped working on the previous owner, so it shows under 1,000 miles currently

Haha, The mods are in my sig, I have some pictures I can upload tonight and could get some more this weekend. The car came from Alabama and has no rust, I bought it as a roller and recently got it together. Unfortunately the odometer stopped working on the previous owner, so it shows under 1,000 miles currently
Honestly, with a Turbo T I am not so much worried about accurate miles. That's the whole reason with me wanting to sell/trade the GN. I want a car I feel like driving, without running the miles up. Although it wouldn't be a daily driver, I would drive it a lot. I just feel like driving a GN on the road to work four days a week just didn't feel right. Now it sits in the garage under cover thirteen out of fourteen days.
Does your car heat/AC? If you could please send pictures of the interior. Are you considering this seriously?
Thanks, John

Honestly, with a Turbo T I am not so much worried about accurate miles. That's the whole reason with me wanting to sell/trade the GN. I want a car I feel like driving, without running the miles up. Although it wouldn't be a daily driver, I would drive it a lot. I just feel like driving a GN on the road to work four days a week just didn't feel right. Now it sits in the garage under cover thirteen out of fourteen days.
Does your car heat/AC? If you could please send pictures of the interior. Are you considering this seriously?
Thanks, John

I understand, I also liked the idea of being able to put miles on it, but I have to store the car most of the year. The previous owner removed the A/C, but I put another unit in. The heat works, the AC was converted to R12 but not on warm enough weather to really test it well. Sure I'll get some interior pics. The headliner is starting to sag in a few spots. Grey interior. Yes, I am, depending on the trade value

Please do....also, did you email pics the other day?

Sorry, the past week has been pretty hectic. I can get some better pictures of it on saturday, and will email you then!

very nice T! same color as my t type. What kind of wheels do you have on it.

Also the GN is very clean car man GLWS

Thanks! They were on the car when I bought it, they are the weld prostar styles. What are on your T?

Sorry, the past week has been pretty hectic. I can get some better pictures of it on saturday, and will email you then!

Thanks! They were on the car when I bought it, they are the weld prostar styles. What are on your T?

stock wrapped with mickey thompsons. after i finish the new motor, hopefully ill get some new wheels for em.

Attachments

• photo (45).JPG
    photo (45).JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 259
I have a 1987 turbo t but i dont have the extra cash for the trade but if ever your intrested in straight up let me know!
6cc02dae351762ddcac368e70782b75b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk