6"x9" install in the rear deck

boosted3

Has anyone cut out the holes from the top down and installed 6x9s?
My local stereo guy has had some trouble finding anyone that stocks the adapters to go underneath. I bought a set of Focal Access 6x9s and was thinking about just going in from the top and installing them. Is there any downside to the structure by doing this? The only reason I am considering this is because the carpet is very faded in that area so its not much of a loss.
Thanks,
Brian

go online $15 or local junkyard and look for a gbody. probably $3. buy 2 pairs to help another buick member down the road. hope this helps.

Focal huh? Nice! Ur stereo guy can't make an adapter?:confused:

Thanks! My stereo guy is selling me product...I do my own install. I was simply asking if someone has installed them from the top down rather than the bottom up...i thought i might try something different. the Focal have a very simple and attractive grille so i figured it would look good in the back window. My concern was that if i cut out the material to fit the 6x9s would it hurt the structural integrity of the chassis? im assuming it wont so i plan on doing the install in the morning. ill let you all know how it came out!
thanks!

Thanks! My stereo guy is selling me product...I do my own install. I was simply asking if someone has installed them from the top down rather than the bottom up...i thought i might try something different. the Focal have a very simple and attractive grille so i figured it would look good in the back window. My concern was that if i cut out the material to fit the 6x9s would it hurt the structural integrity of the chassis? im assuming it wont so i plan on doing the install in the morning. ill let you all know how it came out!
thanks!
Did u go with front Focal speakers as well? Which model did u get and what was the cost? What head unit and amp?

Im thinken of just runnen really good fronts and rears with an amp and skipping the sub. Just dont want too much extra weight in the trunk.

Was also thinken of getten some Clif Designs as well since I had good luck with them in the poast but those Focals are well made but they aint cheap.