500hp + RWHP tires needed

Rell87

METH HEAD
Hi all,

I've been out of the loop for a while and need a little help with getting this power to the ground on the street. I haven't really drove my GN in the past few years due to registration/license issues but now that everything is squared away I'm back in the drivers seat... Ok the last time I dyno'd my car was back in 2008 at 13psi boost and we got 404rwhp out of it, as of now I've added alky to it and I'm at 19psi and I'm blowing the tires off at 65mph. I'm shooting for a comfortable 22-23psi but it's looking like I'm going to need stickier tires, as of now I'm running Mickey Thompson ET street 285/30/19 tires in the rear... Any suggestions on a good 19 inch low profile tire?

BF Goodrich Rivals I have been told are pretty good. You may have a problem getting any 19 inch tire to hook when the car hits second gear. That is such a low profile sidewall.

If you were running regular size tires, I had the same problem and now have the new 295 55 15 M/T Drag Radials on and they hook real well. Like mentioned, no sidewall is gonna be a problem as there is NO flex (aka 'wrinklewalls') in the old days.

Hate to say it but with 19's you're going to blow the tires off no matter what you do. To get 19's to hook on a stock chassis you need to do some suspension work.;)

275 40 17 Nitto NT01 work ok for me, I can spin them easily below 45mph, but over that, if I ease into the boost they hold well. If your current tires are old and hard, that is probably a problem too.

edit - looks like they skip 19 and only make 17 18 and 20 inch sizes.

How are those 888's hooking up for ya? Was thinking about running a set of the 18's on my daily wheels

having more sidewall is really important to get these cars to hook well.your going to be peddling quit a bit.

While I agree about sidewall being very instrumental in traction, these R compound 888's must be fairly proficient even at thinner profiles. My buddy runs them on his 1900whp Lambo, and is in full boost (40psi) by 3rd gear and lays it down pretty well. I'm just interested in them as a daily driver tire, as I will have a set of the M/T street radials (235/60/15) for the track and dig runs.

While I agree about sidewall being very instrumental in traction, these R compound 888's must be fairly proficient even at thinner profiles. My buddy runs them on his 1900whp Lambo, and is in full boost (40psi) by 3rd gear and lays it down pretty well. I'm just interested in them as a daily driver tire, as I will have a set of the M/T street radials (235/60/15) for the track and dig runs.

I like them, after they warm up they hold up pretty well, I still burn rubber when I get on it at about 3/4 throttle but not as bad as regular street tires. At a 50mph plus roll I can damn near get in it all the way and they won't spin. I'm in the process of switching from the standard computer to a stand alone and my tuner is telling me with the added power at 16psi there spinning bad, but he does WOT bursts while tunning and I damn near never go WOT.

Definitely the way to go if your running low profile tires though hands down.... I just picked up a 1965 Ford Cobra and I'll be putting them on that car as well.

Suspension is redone race ready
Define "race ready"??? Just bolting on components isn't going to fix it. You need to change your instant center to make those tires hit harder...that means relocating things. Cutting and welding is involved...Baseline suspension has some killer items to help out.

Define "race ready"??? Just bolting on components isn't going to fix it. You need to change your instant center to make those tires hit harder...that means relocating things. Cutting and welding is involved...Baseline suspension has some killer items to help out.

2 steps ahead of u bro