5.3 conversion

Adam- 84 Buick

Hello, I have an 84 Buick Regal limited. As of right now the car has a 350engine / turbo 350 transmission. 87 gn 8.5 rear end (4:10 posi). I have a 5.3 / 4l60e. The 5.3 has a gm hot cam in it and the transmission has a shift kit. Other than that, the engine and tranny is stock. I understand all the wiring and computers. What I was wondering about is engine mounts, fuel system, and anything else. What kind of psi fuel pump can I use ... I would like to use the stock tank. Originally this car came with a 6 cylinder. Not knowing what kind of psi the stock pump runs at .. Would it be enough for this 5.3.. Right now I have a mechanical fuel pump for the 350... Fuel lines that connect to on top of the sending unit (stock sending unit gutted of a fuel pump). Also , I need to get a different output shaft for the transmission.(for two wheel drive) and will I need a custom drive shaft made? Will my 350 engine mounts work for the 5.3?

Last edited:
Or if you prefer to read actual books on the subject and if you have a Barnes + Noble near you , you can go to their transportation section and they have a bunch of different ls motor and ls swap books with tons of great info,on what engine accesories work best for which swap and where to get the diff motor accesories etc. also,and they have nice big comfy chairs where you can sit and read them.
It's not the magazine section but the book section under transportation.

Last edited: