4th Annual Turbo Buick & Sy/Ty Gathering, info. coming soon!!

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
We will have more infromation soon to come, but I wanted to let everyone have a head start notice on the date and new location!!

Set you calendar for November 22nd, 2003!!

AND

At the newly revamped location of Farmington Dragway!!

This year will also include not only test-n-tune, but a gambler's bracket race and a quick-8 heads-up class!!

Again there will be more info. coming your way soon, along with the racing class rules.

4th Annual Buick GN/GS
Sy/Ty, TTA Shootout
PR/Race Directors:

Clint Atkins (Sydwyndr)sydwyndr@triad.rr.com
Keith R. Soffa (NCTURBOS)ncturbos@earthlink.net

also we are looking for some sponsors to help with the quick 8 purse. sponsors will have their names posted on the back of the flyer as well as being announced several time during the course of the day. we currently have 7 sponsors on board to make sure that there will be a good purse payout for the quick 8

for any further info you can email me at sydwyndr@triad.rr.com
for more info on the track vist www.farmingtonmotorsportspark.com

Originally posted by 93 Indy
Can I bring a Camaro for you to pick on?:)

If it's Buick or Sy/Ty powered, yes. Otherwise, you have to go to Mooresville!!:D

K.

Originally posted by 93 Indy
Can I bring a Camaro for you to pick on?:)

Hey Chris,

How you gonna get your camaro there if we're using your truck to pull my Buick up there??:eek: :D

Of course it might not be done by then!!;) :D

K.

This should turn out to be a nice event. I'm kind of saying we should open it up to some other fast street cars. God knows some like to talk a lot of smack and a chance to beat up on some at the track would be cool.

Just .02.

Ryan

Last time all the F body guys got together at Darlington the best pass was a 10.98 and that was in a LT1 stroker that was spraying. Should be easy kills for a lot of the turbo croud. Just a few weeks ago a guy showed up at Mooresville in a red Z06 that was all decked out and claiming 700 HP with on hood stickers. Best he did was 8.35 at 87 MPH! He claimed he was spraying too. As for how everyone would get along is another story. The Buick crowd always seem to have a good time and large egos are a rarity, so maybe keeping with tradition would be a good thing.

Ryan

Originally posted by Gmachine
This should turn out to be a nice event. I'm kind of saying we should open it up to some other fast street cars. God knows some like to talk a lot of smack and a chance to beat up on some at the track would be cool.

Just .02.

Ryan

The track will be open for test-n-tune also, so other cars can "show up" if they want. There is no problem there. But the hours of the event are going to be 10am-5pm with runs being made between 10:30am-5pm. I don't think there would be time for a grudge event between different make/model cars.

Now, if we finish our event before 5pm we can definitely handle a little friendly competition to use up the remaining time!!;)

K.

We are also currently attempting to add a Car Show to the event. It will include all Buick powered vehicles as well as the Sy/Ty's.

So clean 'em up, shine 'em up, and get ready for a great time!!:D

K.

New location?

Is it too early to ask about entry fees? Directions to the new location? New Location?:confused:

the entry fee into the track is $5
the entry to make time runs will be $5

gambler race entry is $20 with 1st and 2nd round buy backs

quick 8/16 entry will be $25

from raleigh take I-40 east to exit 180 which is
hwy 801, bear to the right and track is 7 miles
down on the right

The flyer is almost finished and we will be posting a link to a webpage for all to view soon!!

A few things to note in the mean time:

The Gamblers Race: Will be bracket style, for all Buick powered vehicles(GN/GS, TTA, transplant cars, etc.) & Syclone/Typhoons!!

The Quick-8 Race: Will be Heads-Up on a Pro-tree. A stock TR or TTA body is required. We are the first and only Buick gathering/race to run the TTA in a heads-up class!!:D

If you do not want to participate in a race class, you will be able to test-n-tune throughout the whole day!!

The Car Show: Sponsored by The Carolinas Chapter of the GSCA. 1st-3rd place trophies to be awarded for each class. There will be multiple classes to include all Buick powered vehicles & Syclone/Typhoons!!

Once the flyer is available for everyone to see all the rules, classes, etc., we will be able to answer all your questions and concerns.

Thanks,

K.

Everyone please refer to the new post!!

The official flyer is now available in the new post by Clint (Sydwyndr). Please move all discussion to the new post!!

Thanks,

Keith