4th annual turbo buick, SY/TY gathering complete

Looks Great!!

Clint everything looks great!!:D We all appreciate the hard work you have put into making this happen!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns please direct them to Clint (Sydwyndr) or myself. One of us will return your post/PM/e-mail as soon as possible.

Also special thanks to all the sponsors for helping to make this happen. It is this kind of whole-hearted participation that keeps the Buick community thriving!!

Thanks!!:D

Keith

Looks Great!

Looks like you guys have made some moves for a great turn out this year. Not that last year wasn't a great turn out, but I think the added purses along with the class over just the test n' tune will entice more folks to show this year. You may even want to post something in the Event's forum, haven't looked it may already be there.

Hope you don't mind my ole slow dog showing up for it's debut.

Re: Looks Great!

Originally posted by getchasum
Looks like you guys have made some moves for a great turn out this year. Not that last year wasn't a great turn out, but I think the added purses along with the class over just the test n' tune will entice more folks to show this year. You may even want to post something in the Event's forum, haven't looked it may already be there.

Hope you don't mind my ole slow dog showing up for it's debut.

Scott,

Yeah I did post in the events forums, where there have been some views but no replies yet. Plus we have flyers to hand out at Bristol and Reynolds as well as e-mail and USPS. So we're actually looking to have a good show. I've been in contact with groups of TR's owners from PA, NJ, NY, OH, OK, MS, etc. also. So we very well may see some "long distance" cars show up looking to go home with a cool grand!!:cool:

With the list of mods in your sig. you would fit into the Quick-16 well or even the Gambler's Race!! ;)

K.

Updated flyer!!

The flyer has been updated with the payouts info.!!

Who's coming to run for $1 GRAND!!!

K.

Hey Clint/Keith I am wondering if the Quick 8 is heads up racing I also have the same question for the gamblers race. Looking for a class to fit in I would think that Bracket racing would be my only choice.

Originally posted by BarnesGN
Hey Clint/Keith I am wondering if the Quick 8 is heads up racing I also have the same question for the gamblers race. Looking for a class to fit in I would think that Bracket racing would be my only choice.

The Quick-8 is heads-up .400 Pro Tree. Also we are qualifying up to 16 cars for this class.

The Gambler's Race is Bracket Racing.

K.

I wonder if we will have more cars than Bristol had?? :rolleyes:

by the way, the gamblers race is an all run (NO DELAYBOX) class
transbrakes are fine as long as you are manually doing it yourself

Originally posted by sydwyndr
by the way, the gamblers race is an all run (NO DELAYBOX) class
transbrakes are fine as long as you are manually doing it yourself
Doh! Guess the 455 roadster and Dad's 455 Camaro get to just make time trials huh? (both'ems are box cars)

Originally posted by QuikBuik
Doh! Guess the 455 roadster and Dad's 455 Camaro get to just make time trials huh? (both'ems are box cars)

Can you not foot-brake them with the delay box turned off? You could bring the T-type or the FWD GS and run one of them in the Gamblers Race.

K.

Yeah, we'll figure out something. I was mainly asking for Pop's car. It doesn't make that much difference with mine, but his is a different animal with the transbrake, and that means some rewiring if he brings it.

See ya there!

Originally posted by QuikBuik
Yeah, we'll figure out something. I was mainly asking for Pop's car. It doesn't make that much difference with mine, but his is a different animal with the transbrake, and that means some rewiring if he brings it.

See ya there!

Tim,

A transbrake is allowed, but no delay boxes. We don't want anyone trying to "computerize" the tree.

K.

also remember that the gamblers race is a bracket race, regular tree. the vehicles MUST be buick powered, GN/TR, SY/TY, and TTA only. Not a buick bodied chevy powered etc...

Originally posted by V6 Beast
Will we be able to run in both races?

Sully

As long as you can make it back into the staging lanes for the next round you can run both classes. But if you are late, you're out of that race.

You can not test-n-tune between rounds of the races until you are knocked out of the race class. After that you can test-n-tune as much as your heart desires.

K.

Coming soon...!!

This event is creeping up on us fast!!!:D

How about a roll-call of who's coming to run the Quick-8/16??

I've already had plenty of verbal commitments, including some out-of-staters. I know things are going to be interesting, starting with the qualifying rounds!! :cool:

K.

I am gonna give it a try... If I don't qualify at least I can run in the gamblers race

Sully