4L80E Automatic Transbrake with stock pan is here!

jakeshoe

We've developed a 4L80E transbrake that sets and releases faster than anything currently on the market AND you can use a stock pan.

It can be used in automatic or full manual configuration.

Video to follow.

I've asked this in another thread, but I'm asking here also in cse some of you didn't see it:
"Does someone here know if a 4L80E is available with a "Buick-Oldsmobile-Pontiac" bellhousing?"...:confused: (All the ones I've seen piuctured on the net have the Chevy bellhousing...):rolleyes:

Thanks,

Claude. :)

I'm gonna have to come up and take a ride some time Jake. Looks like you've nailed it. Congrats.

Congrats Jake. Cant wait to try one out. I got a Big HP 4.6 stang waiting.:eek:

Congrats Jake. Cant wait to try one out. I got a Big HP 4.6 stang waiting.:eek:

There will be one on the way to you this week. I have to kick my machinist in gear to finish the other prototypes.

I already have an early style 4L80E VB setup with the brake, I'll send the whole mess. We moved everything over to a late model VB for testing this week since it went on a 97-up trans.

I was watching the frame by frame on the video and it goes from commanded on to MPH being at 35+ in one frame.
No slow releasing POS here.

If we were commanding the brake with a momentary switch instead of a laptop, I think it would be even faster.
No reason it shouldn't be fast, it has a very large exhaust and short distance.

Are they going to be for sale?
I want a trans brake w/auto shift features still intact.
Thanks

I plan to sell them but at the moment we JUST finished testing them.
I had some issues with the design that took me months to figure out and I just solved them early last week.
I built the setup, we installed it on Friday night and worked until 4 a.m. to discover I had overlooked a minor issue with the band apply.
After talking with Lonnie and Chris over the weekend to ask how various TH400 brakes worked with the band apply/servo release I confirmed my theory, fixed that problem today and tested the brake.

I'm pretty happy to say that it functions better than I expected.
I have to have some parts made to complete the setup, at this point in time there is one in a car working, and enough parts to make 3 more.
I have to get with some sources to manufacture the parts in bulk.

We data-logged the transbrake apply time and release times.

Using the laptop to command the brake on through the PCM (assuming it's slightly slower than it will be on a button) and also using a transmission that isn't really internally calibrated for a transbrake (heavy return springs, it does have a bleed), our results were:

its .937 seconds from the time i click the button till the tires lock up at idle (from a 1mph creep). .485 seconds if I stall it up, and .062 seconds from the time I click off the button till the driveshaft moves.
The margin of error on the time is .025 seconds. So our release time appears to be in the hundredths.

The parts are already at the machine shop being quoted. :biggrin:

I've asked this in another thread, but I'm asking here also in cse some of you didn't see it:
"Does someone here know if a 4L80E is available with a "Buick-Oldsmobile-Pontiac" bellhousing?"...:confused: (All the ones I've seen piuctured on the net have the Chevy bellhousing...):rolleyes:

Thanks,

Claude. :)

Chevy only