4cyl Mustang kills GN!

Sup people,

I know this was an old post but I ran across it trying to log onto Anythingcars.com. Thats a local web site here in West Texas. I cann't tell for sure which SVO that is since the site is having issues but I'm almost 100% sure it belongs to a guy named John Dell since it's posted on that site. If I also took a guess and this is ONLY a guess, he's probaly racing his good friend Ron White in his 87' GN but don't quote me. The SVO runs 9's while the GN 10's.

Anyhow, That is an 85.5 SVO...basicaly the same thing as an 86' SVO but hardly original. John was some how able to locate 3-4 rare SVO blocks. It's still displaces around 140 cubes but it's a taller deck. I believe the head is an aluminum esslinger head. Now to tell ya the truth, I can't recall the details. Neither the GN or SVO has been out in forever. John had an EVO he was putting must of his time into until him an Ron got into a VERY bad wreck. They lost control one night coming back from the track and got hit by a Big truck. Ron was in the hospital for atleast 6 months. Everyone is good now...God must have some plans for those guys. I keep telling Ron since he's a nice guy I would take the Buick out to keep the battery charged;)

Anyways, I can't recall all the details but I am able to post a link to John's web site. It's got a few pictures inside and outside of the car. The exhaust is custom built. Both guys built do their own work...heck, John actually owns his own personaly Dyno:eek:

Home Of FOURCED

PS. if you're into 2.3Ts, that TurboFord.org is full of great people willing to help out much like TurboBuick.com. I could have never have fixed my SVO if not for those guys:cool:

Hmm, to bump a old post again for those that dont know, Im not shocked with the mustang at all, Buddy of mine on rangerpowersports.com, Has a 99 2.5l Turbo ford ranger thats runnin 11's all day long, so yeah with some time, money, and brains it can be done, and tons of patients, ford wiring is a pain.

hmm, one of my buddies is selling his turbo coupe for $500 -- the car's in pretty sorry shape, but it's got a good motor and tranny with a t3/t04 hybrid turbo. I don't really need another project, but it sure would be fun to put that drivetrain in an Opel GT or an MG-A...