45a VS PT6776

The 6776 will. The 67mm wheel will flow about another 7lbs/min more then the older 66mm. Both using P-trim turbines.

Jose

How about how it spools?
I'm about talked into a 6776.
I'm running a t76QBB right now

JZ 97 SS 1500 said:
The 6776 will. The 67mm wheel will flow about another 7lbs/min more then the older 66mm. Both using P-trim turbines.

Jose

67 will spool around the same time as a TE45, unless you find a shop that machines for WRC turbos ;), then it will spool faster :biggrin: .

My 6776 gt spools just fine w/ my 3500 vig. . Still breakin in new motor not sure of the high boost capablities yet keep u posted.

We do alot of the modifications for the rally car privateer teams. The pro rally cars are now required to have all turbos the same, and all done by a company of WRC's choice.

Jose

Do a search on fastest times before you make a choice!!! >>>>>Te-45a has been faster<<<<<<< I went 11:00 with 23 lbs.. An that is about where a 67 starts dropping off 23-25.. This one is just getting started @ 25 lbs.. Some will say the 67 does the same as the 45 just @ lower boost. I do know the 45 is about 2-300 more bucks to get it. Hey Jose when are you gonna run my old GN @ the track??

RUQWKNF27 said:
Do a search on fastest times before you make a choice!!! >>>>>Te-45a has been faster<<<<<<< I went 11:00 with 23 lbs.. An that is about where a 67 starts dropping off 23-25.. This one is just getting started @ 25 lbs.. Some will say the 67 does the same as the 45 just @ lower boost. I do know the 45 is about 2-300 more bucks to get it. Hey Jose when are you gonna run my old GN @ the track??

The TE-45a may have been faster but that does not mean it will make more power. The psi a turbo will flow on a motor has nothing to do with the CFM.
The CFM is where the power is.

A better question is when Jose going to run the 88MM Camaro???

hehe, the GN is waiting on some new tires....the BFG's are toast now.

The SS, well its waiting for the dang clutch to be finished. Custom pieces from Spec. Cool clutch, but was never meant to be put on an LT1 car :mad: .

JZ 97 SS 1500 said:
hehe, the GN is waiting on some new tires....the BFG's are toast now.

The SS, well its waiting for the dang clutch to be finished. Custom pieces from Spec. Cool clutch, but was never meant to be put on an LT1 car :mad: .

Come on, put in a 400 and call it a day!

JZ 97 SS 1500 said:
It may end up that way. But right now the Viper has priority. Got a pair of twins to add ;)

Dusty told me that you picked one up.
More details on your plans please!

Are you sending the Viper to SVS here in IL??

From what I have heard from those that build turbo's, the 45a will make more power after 24-25psi.

DR.BOOSTER said:

From what I have heard from those that build turbo's, the 45a will make more power after 24-25psi.

No the viper is going to be built in-house. All the parts have arrived already. Just going to try to beat the bolt-on record first, then work our way up.

DR.BOOSTER said:

I have seen this also. The 67 made more power and went faster at low boost. When boost was closer to 30# the 45A went faster. This has been proven by several racers.

Dynoed 435rwhp

Well I dynoed at 435rwhp & 425rwtq @ 18 psi on 93 & smc kit. This is all through stock downpipe & through the exhaust. I was wondering what the sweet spot of the the turbo is.Even with the alky kit on 10 I start getting knock after 18psi W/ 98 octane chip. I want to get to the 500rwhp mark what to do
Thanks JoJo