$400,000 ¼ Mile Race Bet; Can You Guess Who Wins?

If this is real and with limited knowledge of the 427 , I would guess the 458. I'm going to check the link now.

I know the outcome and both owners. That cobra ain't stock.

Let me edit that. I know the owner of the F-car and a tad about the Cobra owner. Either way, the outcome would have been the same if the Cobra was to stock specs most likely.
The 458 driver didn't use launch control, thought it was better off the foot. I can tell you that off the foot it's impressive....launch control will break your neck.

Same deal with the Asian market cars...no torque on the low side. The 458 makes everything waaaaaaaay up top.

a standing mile...I'll go with the 205 mile an hour car. You can't beat the American cars at their own game down low. Silly bet.

Some of you Noble participants may recognize this pattern.....

The Kirkham Cobra ran no better than 12.8's during "practice runs"
The 458 made consistent low 11's during"practice runs"

When it was time to throw down the Kirkham rips a 10.75 @132

With what the 458 driver lost, he could have had a TT Gallardo from Underground Racing, and beat the Cobra pretty easily.

Some of you Noble participants may recognize this pattern.....

The Kirkham Cobra ran no better than 12.8's during "practice runs"
The 458 made consistent low 11's during"practice runs"

When it was time to throw down the Kirkham rips a 10.75 @132

well as an old 427 Cobra owner they are like Buicks. Same car can run faster or slower depending on the driver. Obviously he could drive the car :cool: Oh I will also play that game with a crappy old RX 7 this summer :biggrin:

yea a friend of mine actually kind of over did a factory five cobra by building a 460 he had laying around....by the time it was done it ended up being 521ci!!!!! alum heads bored stroked huge cam......the car is a total monster!!! ill have to dig up some pics

well as an old 427 Cobra owner they are like Buicks. Same car can run faster or slower depending on the driver. Obviously he could drive the car :cool: Oh I will also play that game with a crappy old RX 7 this summer :biggrin:

So will you be piloting the RX7 or Mellisa.. We know who is BETTER & FASTER driver :biggrin:

So will you be piloting the RX7 or Mellisa.. We know who is BETTER & FASTER driver :biggrin:

Melissa hates the car as well as her mother. :rolleyes: Everyone is waiting for me :biggrin: I am goin to start with the wagon first!!

Melissa hates the car as well as her mother. :rolleyes: Everyone is waiting for me :biggrin: I am goin to start with the wagon first!!

Since I have no ride anymore I offer to pilot it :)
I am working on a deal as we type and no its not a buick. I need a buick reprive

Why didn't the Ferrari guy get a set of DOTs and work on his launch?
That could've been a lot closer, curious if the car weights were similar?

Why didn't the Ferrari guy get a set of DOTs and work on his launch?
That could've been a lot closer, curious if the car weights were similar?

8 tenths? The only way the Ferrari was winning that one is if the Cobra broke.