4 wide at Zmax raceway this weekend!!

InHock

Just a reminder if any of you are NHRA drag racing fans that this weekend they are racing four wide in all the classes at the new Zmax raceway park. It sure should be something to watch. 32 thousand horsepower leaving at the same time should be cool!!:biggrin:

Personally? I have no use for it. I saw it last year and thought it sucked, guess I'm too old to appreciate this "style" of racing...

Personally? I have no use for it. I saw it last year and thought it sucked, guess I'm too old to appreciate this "style" of racing...

While it maybe a neat idea I think it would be real distracting to see 4 cars launch at once.

It might be a good concept if the center lane had a barrier so if there was an oil spill you could keep racing on 1 side.

Hey I read your webpage on you S10 A lot of sweat and heartache. I am a sucker for s10's

While the 4 wide does have a cool factor, I don't care for it. Guess I'm old school as well.

BREAKING NEWS!!

4 top fuel dragster collide within first 60' of new race track. Driver 1 quoted as saying "I was Distracted by a pelican".

Not a fan of 4 wide either.Screws up the tv watching.Wide camera shot to cover 4 lanes sucks.Lane choice?4 wide would be a bracket racers night mare.

Lane choice?4 wide would be a bracket racers night mare.
cool- anything that keeps the racers on their toes is a good thing.
if they wanted to make the 4 wide concept really entertaining, they would alternate the direction that each lane goes- lane 1 would go one way, lane 2 the opposite, lane 3 the same as lane 1, lane 4 the same as lane 2.. i bet that would really keep the racers on their toes..

BREAKING NEWS!!

4 top fuel dragster collide within first 60' of new race track. Driver 1 quoted as saying "I was Distracted by a pelican".

it was sweet watching that in 1080p

saw 2 cars explode on 1 race as well, awesome

me personally........can't cry about not liking it, or wanted it old school status here. if that were true I would have to watch it on the push button TV Panasonic 32" from the 80's (still works), without dolby 7.1 surround sound, LED TV and 1080p. But that just me, this 4 way stuff was way cool to watch. I would also love to watch, I'd drop some green for nice tickets to that event for sure.

I watched some of it last night, and I LOVED IT! Awesome, just plain awesome. Can't wait to see the finals today!

Did anyone else here Bruton say he was going to build another 4 lane in Vegas?

Loved it ...

Especially the pro stock cars, and the bikes. Anything faster then 6.5 seconds is just too fast for me as a spectator, and I also like this 4 wide stuff because theres nothing that sux more then when one of the cars in a traditional 2 car race loses traction 100 ft out and the race is over. Chances are at least 2 out of the 4 will have a clean pass and a close finish. Think about how many passes we could get when we take our Buicks if there were 4 wide racing? Hell I say go 6 wide!

I watched some of it last night, and I LOVED IT! Awesome, just plain awesome. Can't wait to see the finals today!

Did anyone else here Bruton say he was going to build another 4 lane in Vegas?

That's what he said... I understood him to say that Vegas was already designed for four-wide, and that they were currently working on making that happen. I have never been to vegas so I can't say whether the strip is, in fact, set up for four-wide already. Anyone?

this 4 wide thing will be the best thing to happen to drag racing- right up until there is a really bad crash involving all 4 cars and a few spectators..

After watching the qualifing round on DVR last night, I still think it's a cool concept, but I still like side by side racing, not the 4 lane. especially after what happened when you have 2 explosions like yesterday. The camera panned away to cover the first accident only to realize another had happened...you miss it. Although it's widescreen, you can only keep so much in the camera viewfinder. It also sounded like the drivers were not big fans either, the tree is too busy, plus as a viewer, you don't see if they red lighted. I think safety is going to be another issue since they were saying they had to call in another safety crew to cover the other 2 lanes. Allthough cool, it's almost too much going on to watch. I guess if it's one event like this it will be ok, but I'd rather not see more raceways built like this.

I was getting information overload.
Was there a good explanation of the staging system? I must have missed it

WELL...... After watching the 4wide yesterday and today I can say I really dont think I like it. As some has said there is to much going on and it seems to take away the excitement of the race. You have a better race when there a just two competing to see the re-action times,red lites etc. It was something to watch for a change but I really dont wont them [NHRA] to do anymore of them like they suggested might be coming.

well...... After watching the 4wide yesterday and today i can say i really dont think i like it. As some has said there is to much going on and it seems to take away the excitement of the race. You have a better race when there a just two competing to see the re-action times,red lites etc. It was something to watch for a change but i really dont wont them [nhra] to do anymore of them like they suggested might be coming.

+1

It was cool, but I think with the collision in FC yesterday that just goes to show what happens with the 4 wide. Height would have been done in a traditional race and never got back into it, but not knowing what is going on in the other 2 lanes a wreck resulted. I'll say it was bad driving by Height, but the safety issues are just being found. I think it's a bad thing.

At some point somebody is going to get hurt.