4.87 qual pass

What happened that pass , did it quit or lose traction?? I didnt get any sound so I cant hear anything!! Looks like it was putting down a good pass , nice job!! Mike:cool:

What happened that pass , did it quit or lose traction?? I didnt get any sound so I cant hear anything!! Looks like it was putting down a good pass , nice job!! Mike:cool:

The two cars in front of me broke and the track was down for a good period of time. I don't know if the track got cold or if it was just my car. I'm thinking it was mostly my car though.

You can't really see it in the video but the car's tail end was moving around alot. It's picking up the left front and setting it down the whole pass so the chassis is not working like it should. It's actually a handful to drive because it feels like the car is moving around so much. The car felt pretty good on 23psi when it ran the 4.86 at 155. I made two passes at 27psi but the chassis just don't like it. It feels like when the nose settles down in high gear the right rear tire unloads.

The two cars in front of me broke and the track was down for a good period of time. I don't know if the track got cold or if it was just my car. I'm thinking it was mostly my car though.

You can't really see it in the video but the car's tail end was moving around alot. It's picking up the left front and setting it down the whole pass so the chassis is not working like it should. It's actually a handful to drive because it feels like the car is moving around so much. The car felt pretty good on 23psi when it ran the 4.86 at 155. I made two passes at 27psi but the chassis just don't like it. It feels like when the nose settles down in high gear the right rear tire unloads.

Got ya!! It may also be that the tire starts to lose grip and thus the front end looses the rotation created when it has traction and drops. Its a real challenge to get that perfect setup to handle what your putting to it. Really makes you appreciate anyone that is quicker than you!! How in the world are they doing that?? Keep at it , you are a real inspiration to the G body croud!! Looking forward to my ride at the TB Nationals!! Mike:cool:

Got ya!! It may also be that the tire starts to lose grip and thus the front end looses the rotation created when it has traction and drops. Its a real challenge to get that perfect setup to handle what your putting to it. Really makes you appreciate anyone that is quicker than you!! How in the world are they doing that?? Keep at it , you are a real inspiration to the G body croud!! Looking forward to my ride at the TB Nationals!! Mike:cool:

I have alot of work to do in the chassis and weight % department. I already have 40#'s on the nose and basically no travel to keep the front down. My 330 times are good .15 off of where they need to be. I have to get the power in sooner than the 2.8 is have it at now. The car will have to go lower to the ground and the ic has to be moved lower and further out.

I was the only one on the 28" tire. I really wanted 4.70's with the stock suspension and the 28's.

Is your chassis upgrade going to include some sort of adjustability on the IC. At the power level your shooting for , Im thinking its going to need to be around 58" out and 7-8" off the ground. I also still believe that intercooler location is going to become a subject of discussion yet this year. Just my lousey 2 cents worth!! Your at a bad spot right now , seems everything throughout the car needs to be moved or changed somehow!! But great gains are right in front of you!! Keep digging , I wish you the very best!! Mike:cool:

Is your chassis upgrade going to include some sort of adjustability on the IC. At the power level your shooting for , Im thinking its going to need to be around 58" out and 7-8" off the ground. I also still believe that intercooler location is going to become a subject of discussion yet this year. Just my lousey 2 cents worth!! Your at a bad spot right now , seems everything throughout the car needs to be moved or changed somehow!! But great gains are right in front of you!! Keep digging , I wish you the very best!! Mike:cool:

It's all in the plan;)

New rear from TRZ with adjustable mounts for control arms and shocks and spring adjusters. It's narrowed 1" so I can go back to the 295/65 which is a 30" tire and set the car down more. That's the reason for 25.3 vs 25.5. With the 25.3 rear rails I will be able to grind the frame basically to the back rail for more clearance and get the car lower. We will be putting the "G-box" from David Lemmond in the car which replaces the stock frame mounting points for the upper control arms with a much beefier steel plate with adjustable mounts.

The part I hate is the back seat and front fenderwells will have to go away to make room for the cage. The intercooler location will stay as is for now but will eventually need to be lowered in the car or even moved forward to the pass seat area. I still have the stock bumper on the rear that will be replaced with fiberglass..so there's 60# coming off the very rear of the car.

The 114mm is done at 27psi so a new 118mm from Precision will be on soon. I think the car will run 165 with the 118.

Dusty, we just put TRZ suspension on my GN if you want any pics or have any questions just let me know. I got the moly Alston rear end though which I think is the same as TRZ. My car is about as low as I have seen a turbo Buick with stock suspension.

Are you still using a A/A intercooler or did I misunderstand your post?

Its liquid intercooler which also is the engine cooling system and probably the trans cooler as well. It is located the the back seat in the center I believe.
Mike:cool:

It's all in the plan;)

New rear from TRZ with adjustable mounts for control arms and shocks and spring adjusters. It's narrowed 1" so I can go back to the 295/65 which is a 30" tire and set the car down more. That's the reason for 25.3 vs 25.5. With the 25.3 rear rails I will be able to grind the frame basically to the back rail for more clearance and get the car lower. We will be putting the "G-box" from David Lemmond in the car which replaces the stock frame mounting points for the upper control arms with a much beefier steel plate with adjustable mounts.

The part I hate is the back seat and front fenderwells will have to go away to make room for the cage. The intercooler location will stay as is for now but will eventually need to be lowered in the car or even moved forward to the pass seat area. I still have the stock bumper on the rear that will be replaced with fiberglass..so there's 60# coming off the very rear of the car.

The 114mm is done at 27psi so a new 118mm from Precision will be on soon. I think the car will run 165 with the 118.

Im sure that after the Valdosta race your gears have been turning about all the changes you would like to make. Please keep the info coming as we all will listen and learn. Sorry if I annoy you with questions and my opinion on things , Im honestly trying to help you and also learn from a distance!! Mike:cool:

Dusty, we just put TRZ suspension on my GN if you want any pics or have any questions just let me know. I got the moly Alston rear end though which I think is the same as TRZ. My car is about as low as I have seen a turbo Buick with stock suspension.

Are you still using a A/A intercooler or did I misunderstand your post?

Thanks.
Liquid intercooler. PT3000

This is a rear housing from Moser with 3.5" moly tubes modified by TRZ for custom mounts, back brace and lower brace.

Im sure that after the Valdosta race your gears have been turning about all the changes you would like to make. Please keep the info coming as we all will listen and learn. Sorry if I annoy you with questions and my opinion on things , Im honestly trying to help you and also learn from a distance!! Mike:cool:

You don't annoy me at all. I enjoy the input.

It's a learning experience as I try to keep going faster and apply the power sooner. One thing leads to another.

Once I have the chassis out of the way, the front shocks will be the next item on the list. Having the shock sensors on Henderson's car has taught us more than we ever imagined. Most off the shelf shocks are no were near stiff enough for a high hp car.

Congrats Dusty, heard about the 4.86 pass during the live stream. Pretty damn impressive to run that fast and not even have it sorted out!:eek: What I love is when I look at your car compared to all the others it is still the one that looks like a real street car!:cool: Good luck with the upgardes on the car.