4.87 qual pass

Congrats Dusty, heard about the 4.86 pass during the live stream. Pretty damn impressive to run that fast and not even have it sorted out!:eek: What I love is when I look at your car compared to all the others it is still the one that looks like a real street car!:cool: Good luck with the upgardes on the car.

Thanks. It does feel good to look at the data and know how much is left.

That pass was only a 1.32 60' due to the new tune-up the 10.5 converter needed over the old 9.5. The 9.5 would 60' 1.27 leaving at 4300 and 4 psi. This 10.5 finally went 1.26 but needed 4500 rpm and 7.5 psi. Once I finally got the car to 60' is when something happened to the power supply to the XFI that I haven't found yet.

From that data alone, the car will run around 4.76-4.78 on that same 23psi. Against Dilliard I had the 1.26 60', 27psi in the controller and had it in .2 sooner. I cranked down on the driver side limiter and the car liked it. The nose was staying down then.........the car shut off:mad: No doubt it was a low low 4.7 pass. Along with the chassis upgrades, I'm getting everything off the factory fuse block, ignition switch and the extra painless fuse block and going to the usual race car switch panel.

Good luck Dusty. You know I was pulling for you down there. I know you will get everything straight on the chassis and you will keep getting better and better. You are the stock suspension Buick man.Be looking forward to seeing you at a race hopefully sometime this year. Allan

Dusty, excuse my ignorance but if your going to move the IC into the front seat and go with a 30" tire, wouldnt it be best to leave the heavier rear bumper on the car? I know the 30" tire is going to help keep the tires from breaking loose over the 28's but that not going to be as noticeable at your power level. So bringing the weight to the pass front of the car is going to offset the weight to one side and move the over all weight towards the nose. And with the taller tire, your going to point the noise more towards the ground, making weight transfer more difficult in the rear.

To me, if the car is having a hard time keeping the tires planted, wouldnt you want the extra weight to make up for the IC move?

Like i said, I'm an amature compared to you but I was just thinking out loud!

Your car is definately as inspiration to all of us and I'm always glad to see it go down the track! FWIW, I have your old bolt in cage in my car now!!! -----Jeremy

I would decamate you on the street in my new civic.That is all.

:tongue:

I really hate i missed out on the race,(was on call:rolleyes:).When is the next one?

Dusty, excuse my ignorance but if your going to move the IC into the front seat and go with a 30" tire, wouldnt it be best to leave the heavier rear bumper on the car? I know the 30" tire is going to help keep the tires from breaking loose over the 28's but that not going to be as noticeable at your power level. So bringing the weight to the pass front of the car is going to offset the weight to one side and move the over all weight towards the nose. And with the taller tire, your going to point the noise more towards the ground, making weight transfer more difficult in the rear.

To me, if the car is having a hard time keeping the tires planted, wouldnt you want the extra weight to make up for the IC move?

Like i said, I'm an amature compared to you but I was just thinking out loud!

Your car is definately as inspiration to all of us and I'm always glad to see it go down the track! FWIW, I have your old bolt in cage in my car now!!! -----Jeremy

It's all about % front to rear. No plans to move the intercooler yet. You remove 60# from the rear bumper and then hopefully I can also remove the 40# I have hung on the nose. There goes 100# immediately.

The ride height will be lowered to offset much of the difference from the taller tire. Getting everything as close to the ground as possible is the goal.

I would decamate you on the street in my new civic.That is all.

:tongue:

I really hate i missed out on the race,(was on call:rolleyes:).When is the next one?

Bring it you toenail biting .....

You got your green wheels yet

It's all about % front to rear. No plans to move the intercooler yet. You remove 60# from the rear bumper and then hopefully I can also remove the 40# I have hung on the nose. There goes 100# immediately.

The ride height will be lowered to offset much of the difference from the taller tire. Getting everything as close to the ground as possible is the goal.

OK gotcha! I've been playing with weight in my car so much in the past year I think my head is going to pop!!