4.1 is in and running! Now taking ET guesses

webleyaz

Damn, that was fast!
It's incredible what it takes to get a "simple" motor together. I added up parts receipts the other day and discovered more than $6000 have been vanquished from my account. Add in $3900 for machine work and it's no wonder I'm considering getting another job.
Here's what's in there:
Buick Motorsports steel crank
Carrillo 6.5" steel H-beam rods
All four steel caps
CP custom 9:1 pistons
ATR roller I think it's 524 lift
$80 junkyard heads ported intakes & un-shrouded
the biggest valves that fit in those tiny heads
Scorpion roller rockers
SB chevy rocker studs
ARP bolts
Fel-Pro gaskets
RJC plenum
RJC power plate
RJC pulleys (NICE!)
Gasket matched lower intake
HR P&S urethane motor mounts (no more worries)
I intend to run 25# of boost if the injectors will allow it.
The rest is in my sig

What do y'all think it'll run?

I may save it's innaugural run 'till Vegas since the timing may be perfect. Oh, my. I'd better get a room.

Originally posted by webleyaz
I like to hear that!

I'd like to hear how well your car 60's......... Reason being is if you are able to get a real good 60' time (say in the 1.4x-1.5x range) you may be able to run a 10.60 or 10.50 with your car........ TTAs seem to have great MPH (probably because of that more aerodynamic body style and those 3.27 gears).......

Keep us posted on how she runs:cool: :)

'Brick, it is obvious you have never raced in Vegas (or Tucson for that matter), just subtract about .3-.4 from what you sea level and cool air boys expect...if Chris can crack the 10's (there) I'd be surprised

note, his previous best time was run in Phoenix in the winter (I was there)

anyhow, good luck Chris!

(sorry I won't be there....)

Originally posted by azgn
'Brick, it is obvious you have never raced in Vegas (or Tucson for that matter), just subtract about .3-.4 from what you sea level and cool air boys expect...if Chris can crack the 10's (there) I'd be surprised

note, his previous best time was run in Phoenix in the winter (I was there)

anyhow, good luck Chris!

(sorry I won't be there....)

Well I guess Chris better run the car in Phoenix in the winter again:D ;)

It's done 1.52 and 1.53 at Speedworld. My only attempt at Vegas was 1.68. If it sticks I don't see why 1.5s wouldn't be happening. I'd like to see 128 MPH, too.

Hey Chris

It looks like we are the only ones from Tucson bringing cars. If I can get mine to launch good....I should give you a good run, I dont plan on running mine hard though:D Still tuning

I'm jazzed! I was nowhere near as excited last year. I guess it's because of new motor and it'll be the first time down a track with it. Yippeeeeee!

well, there is bet here. If i run in the 9's and you can not run in the 10's. you buy at ruth's chris. Or if I am unable to muster a 9 and you catch a huge tail wind to clip into the 10's, I buy. If neither of us do what we set out to do, then we get a couple of happy meals! p.s. the black dot out in front of you is the BUS!

That's crap. You've already been in the 9's. This will be the first time my current combo will go down the track. But what the hell, it's Vegas, you're on.

This new action has nothing to do with you climbing the antenna. You're goin' up. Second run 10.something.

I like mine a little on the medium-rare side. No salad.