3k like new gn factory tires an rims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after all that childish bullshit...
The last set of "take offs" for a GN that I saw went for around $1750. If the tires really are clean and present nice...they are a must for a Concours Showcar. The last set of tires and rims for a GNX went for almost $5000.
Clean them up...take some good pics...and post a price or it will get taken down. That's the rules.

Coach

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Your example is for concours restos that will never see the street and you're putting all the value in tires that are useless except to show what came on the car when new and would be exactly what I said they were ROLLERS that would go from the trailer to the garage/show.

The rims aren't worth that much, and only a resto freak all original nut would be interested in the tires and then we'd be talking date codes on the tires as well as condition.

I do agree with you on one thing. Prices should be posted for all items being sold so FISHING is eliminated. Last time I checked the PFS section wasn't FLEABAY.

Not New but an idea of what they are going for these days

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/pts/4093907228.html

And that's BOTH !!!
That's not a apples to apples comparison. I have a basement full. There is a big difference in low mile take offs or NOS vs. average rims for sale.
Even my original wheels were 14k miles. They were polished every weekend and are very nice. When I was next to a very low mile car that has been stored most its life, the paint and chrome were way different. They looked new...mine looked great, but you could def tell a big difference. Sunlight kills the painted areas and repeated polishing wears away the chrome.

That's not a apples to apples comparison. I have a basement full. There is a big difference in low mile take offs or NOS vs. average rims for sale.

I'm not trying to start a pissing match with you, and I disagree with you yet again.

You can have rims reconditioned and look new for less and you or anybody else wouldn't be the wiser, especially if you put an average chrome job on them like the factory and don't go overboard and show chrome them.

The rims that cobra posted look like good drivers and represent what these rims are worth.

I'm sorry if you're stuck in the 10,000 mile or less realm, but I represent the TR owners that actually drive and enjoy my car.

Trophy cars and wives just cost to damn much for what little satisfaction you get from them.

Your example is for concours restos that will never see the street and you're putting all the value in tires that are useless except to show what came on the car when new and would be exactly what I said they were ROLLERS that would go from the trailer to the garage/show.

The rims aren't worth that much, and only a resto freak all original nut would be interested in the tires and then we'd be talking date codes on the tires as well as condition.

I do agree with you on one thing. Prices should be posted for all items being sold so FISHING is eliminated. Last time I checked the PFS section wasn't FLEABAY.
He should have researched a price or stated what he would take. He had to have an idea. The following 3 pages of wise ass comments and babble were completely unnecessary. Price or no price...when he asked...treat him like you would want to be treated.
There are far too many members who are bored and antagonize in posts far too much. It's all childish bullshit.

He should have researched a price or stated what he would take. He had to have an idea. The following 3 pages of wise ass comments and babble were completely unnecessary. Price or no price...when he asked...treat him like you would want to be treated.
There are far too many members who are bored and antagonize in posts far too much. It's all childish bullshit.

That I agree with you on 100%.

I wasn't disrespectful to you or anyone else and try to do unto others.

All points made time to move on.

That I agree with you on 100%.

I wasn't disrespectful to you or anyone else and try to do unto others.

All points made time to move on.
I wasn't pointing at you...specifically. Didn't mean to make you think I was singling you out.
turbo89 was the biggest offender...

coach i disagree poster got mad once the offer of 100 a wheel was offered. i feel the bs was all because no price was stated and got offened by offers. actually in all fairness to the board it should have been taken down and im sure op is quite sure of the rules wheatever or not things slip through the cracks a price should have been put on it or dont get offened by offers. it was fishing for a sucker. i want 2k for them lets see if i find a sucker to offer me more. i mean thats what fishing is all about. if op wanted to know real market value why no start a post in lounge. end of day i hope he gets what he wants for them but one will never know without a price.

coach i disagree poster got mad once the offer of 100 a wheel was offered. i feel the bs was all because no price was stated and got offened by offers. actually in all fairness to the board it should have been taken down and im sure op is quite sure of the rules wheatever or not things slip through the cracks a price should have been put on it or dont get offened by offers. it was fishing for a sucker. i want 2k for them lets see if i find a sucker to offer me more. i mean thats what fishing is all about. if op wanted to know real market value why no start a post in lounge. end of day i hope he gets what he wants for them but one will never know without a price.

X IO

And after rereading this thread the OP did most of the insulting which was directed at me first and then others.

I considered the source of such idiocy and chose to ignore him as it should have been done once he showed his true colors.

He was being toyed with as he should have been and his crappy attitude proves that what comes around goes around.

This thread is literally rediculous and shows some very childish sides of some of the members on this board.

OP, ask $2000 for the set as long as the tires arent dry rotted. I have done quite a few restorations and the original tires are next to impossible to find that arent dry rotted. I bought a set of tires for my 18K mile car a few years ago and during my search, I saw them selling for $800-$3000 with rims, tires were usually around $600-$1000. I woud have paid $2000 for your set back then.

Sorry, I think your totally off base. OP was asking the going rate...not really fishing. He repeated several times about what the market was. He was not correct in doing so, but he wasn't asking everyone for an offer...he was asking for assistance in finding a price. He knows he has something that is hard to find and there are members wanting them.
He was offered $100. To anyone who really knows these cars...knows that was a complete joke or an insult. Either way...that is not what he was asking for. He never asked for an offer. He was asking for help in pricing them. OP was not ill intended in my opinion. He also asked for the administration to close the thread when it was turning south. The next post was where the bullshit started. After that, OP should have just stopped posting...but he didn't. Sorry but not one person who posted in this thread offered a current value for the OP's original question. After he asked to close the thread...it was just schoolgirl bullshit.

This thread is literally rediculous and shows some very childish sides of some of the members on this board.

OP, ask $2000 for the set as long as the tires arent dry rotted. I have done quite a few restorations and the original tires are next to impossible to find that arent dry rotted. I bought a set of tires for my 18K mile car a few years ago and during my search, I saw them selling for $800-$3000 with rims, tires were usually around $600-$1000. I woud have paid $2000 for your set back then.
Thank you Jeremy...someone finally posted with the information that was originally asked for.

I'm out fellas. The Mods are now watching this one.

Thanks Jeremy, this should help the OP. I didn't even make it though 2 pages before I said fuck it and now the thread is closed. Scott, if you want to start a new thread you're welcome to, but this one went way off base and need to go bye bye.;) What I would suggest it that you take the tires off the rim so no moisture develops on the inside of the rim, then bag the tires. This will keep any rust from developing on the metal as a rule, and the tires being bagged will hold up a little better if you can put some nitrogen in the bag at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.