3800 series 2 mount kit for gbody/s10

The f body intake as is will not allow use of the factory brackets. The computer that crashed had all of my pics. Here are a couple. Tommy have more.

factory 3800.jpg
GN Brackets.jpg
header fab.jpg
intake upper.jpg

So does the fbody intake interfere with the GN accessories? Lonnie, would you be interested in selling conversion kits?

This is something I considered. Brian at Gbody was looking hard at doing it. DLS sells parts and is building them. Tom and I spent a lot of time on it and had it down to the starter. Our focus was being able to transfer as many bolt ons from an LC2 combo. Down pipe, intercooler pipes, accessory brackets and ac lines etc. The headers were a PIA as the engine sits so close to the chassis but definitely doable. I converted the Fbody intake not sure you can see all the work from these pics. The intake is the major stumbling block. The best intake can only be found in Australia. The 3 choices we have here need extensive cutting and pasting to make work. I will be finishing it over the winter finally. The 234" in my car needs a major refresh and i have the fire now to finish it. I might be interested in selling a conversion or modifying the intake for a swap.

Wish I had the fab skills and equipment to do this stuff. I would definitely take the time to do it.

Maybe someone could source the Oz intakes and bring a quantity of them to the U.S.?

Hey Lonnie , where you get the header flange's from?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm using a l26 intake turned 180- small plate is needed for intake ( coolant passage) . North Star tb with already available adaptor plate

If I wasn't dumping money into a car that seems to break something every time it runs I would consider a 3800 conversion.

If I wasn't dumping money into a car that seems to break something every time it runs I would consider a 3800 conversion.

I hear that. Its a great engine that's for sure.

I may do it someday. Still trying to get a powertuner for the 3800 engines. I don't have a problem with searching for stuff, it's the fabbing part.

Well really its that easy? For those that don't have a block can ya show where the fwd hole was ya cut off?

Sent while waiting for boost to build...

I'm dropping in a stockish motor with the f body stuff.

Now what about a f body turbo setup working on these cars?

That is a HR Mount installed. Cut the first one off with a sawzall. Then later milled it smooth. The engine sits right in the motor mounts lust like the LC2.
20131129_090327.jpg
20131129_090417.jpg

I'm dropping in a stockish motor with the f body stuff.

Now what about a f body turbo setup working on these cars?

I started to go that way. Decided wanted to use the stock hardware. The intake was the PIA. Of course so were the headers. The other guys here on the board that made the swap also used fbody stuff. If you are not using the AC its easy to do this with a champion bracket. You can use the Fbody intake untouched.

I don't care on ac but I will have heat lol... and I do appreciate the pictures.

Imma see what can happen now that this is figured out lol.