3800 series 2 mount kit for gbody/s10

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
Would be nice to have this option available and I know it would sell cause of the want of the swap for the cars/trucks the demand is there for the kit.

and who ever does could make some cash if they would just build it but I guess there will be a excuse as why not to

Ya there is a demand for it alot trying it never finish or some ghetto fab jobs done.

there's a lot of other gbodies out there that could use some series ii power. How cool would it to put a blower II in a regular old regal

Wouldnt just be an engine mount issue. What trans would you want to use with the SII? If you want to use the 200, there will need to be an adapter made for that also because the SII doesnt bolt up to it. If you will be using the 4L60E family, they you will also need a custom trans mount. Too many variables to satisfy all customers needs, that would be the main hindrance to producing just engine mounts...

headers, engine management, ac lines for those of us that only have summer and winter, the list goes on and on

Wouldnt just be an engine mount issue. What trans would you want to use with the SII? If you want to use the 200, there will need to be an adapter made for that also because the SII doesnt bolt up to it. If you will be using the 4L60E family, they you will also need a custom trans mount. Too many variables to satisfy all customers needs, that would be the main hindrance to producing just engine mounts...

You can get the adapter from speedway for less than $100 but you do need a specifically made converter to work, but since it would need to be speced out anyway it wouldn't cost more than one you had made for the current set up.;)

That is correct and I thought someone was already working on this now?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not that I heard of. ? But Im just going along with the set up already explained in the thread. Welding a small plate for the mount on the 4l60e wont be a big deal. As soon as I get my fast set up in my black car im on the 3800 project so ill let you know.

Seems like there was an old thread on this?? Sure would be a good way to keep these cars alive.

It would be great if there was a kit, because the series II engines are better designed, stronger and better flowing? So it would be cheaper to use them to go faster rather than buying all the stage parts.

I'm starting on my 3800 build in a week or two. I'm thinking it's not going to be that difficult. I'll take some pics

I used the stock HR mounts. Bolted right in the chassis. If you look on passenger side of the block that chunk of cast iron that is in the way for FWD mounting. Just cut it off. Mount bolts right on. Your challenges are headers and intake. The transmission is easy. I make an adapter to cut off the bell on 200 or 400 and bolt on the stock 3800 /4l60E bell. I used all the stock GN brackets and pulleys including ac and lines. I needed an electric water pump. Don't use the L67 Heads like I did. It limits your intake selection too much.

So does the fbody intake interfere with the GN accessories? Lonnie, would you be interested in selling conversion kits?