3800 series 2 mount kit for gbody/s10

Yes it worked out good front cover looks good- def will work. got the intake fabbed, front cover done. Me and slimtastic are doing the headers soon. We're looking at possibly making some extra headers, intake, front cove and mounts ( if there is want)using my blue t for test mule.

Yes it worked out good front cover looks good- def will work. got the intake fabbed, front cover done. Me and slimtastic are doing the headers soon. We're looking at possibly making some extra headers, intake, front cove and mounts ( if there is want)using my blue t for test mule.

Dont forget to share pics.

Glad to see more progress on this Lonnie! I am diving back into this soon and working on a semi-universal header setup that I can make work for both NA/SC builds and also for turbo applications, basically a shorty that will tuck in nicely and be expandable to longer tube design. Next project is a 66 Nova with an overkill Eaton 4 lobe supercharger but will be first victim for header layout, then on to G-body fitment. The accessory bracket is a nice upgrade if you can/want to retain the original 86/87 parts and would allow you to retain original parts. The Nova has an electric water pump and no power steering so we just will be using a low mount alternator and it will be pretty bare otherwise. I guess the big question is- do you want to keep AC? If not then that simplifies things for sure when swapping to newer Series 2 parts. Older engine is worth more complete to a swapper so getting newer modified parts to work would be a good shoe-in option as well. At least retaining the old style AC compressor that the GN came with would be nice, the newer style eat up a lot of space and this is where you run into clearance problems on the frame and have to notch it- which is what I did on my Cutlass so I could use the Fbody bracket and routing. Its pretty tight over on that side now so I will probably ditch it when I start on the new brackets and turbo placement. On Codys GN I just made a bracket with an idler pulley to retain correct belt routing but also has the alternator in stock Series 2 location. More fab work to the exhaust to use this setup but there are hoards of Series 2 parts floating around the salvage yards these days. Anyways glad to see continued effort and progess. It will be nice when snow and winter leaves here to get more projects in and out!

Ill have some Pics soon, its all tigged . Just want to make it pretty. Our plans for the stainless headers will place the turbo in the stock GN location so a Houston style DP can be used. With the extra room from fabbing front cover there should be no problem mounting a stock GN acc bracket with everything on it. Should just be able to flip the belt on op side of water pump. With the plans for the intake there will be a adapter used for the l26 intake to fit a stock style TB. We want to make everything user friendly as possible and bolt as many stock pieces as possible.

Sounds good, will be nice to see something to retain the stock parts especially the TH style downpipe! On Cody's GN I had to cut and extend it a few inches, which wasn't a big deal but something that would be nice to avoid for an easier swap with existing parts. If you plan to use the FWD intake then you have to make a new therm housing since it will be tucked up by the firewall. I did this on my Cutlass since it has an L67 intake and is supercharged currently, also on a 99 Firebird I did a supercharged swap to. Napa even has a preformed hose that almost fits perfect from top radiator outlet to the housing on the back of the engine! I thought about building an adapter plate and use with a fwd intake so you would still use the GN style upper plenum and keep the throttle body tucked back. Too many ideas and not enough time haha.

The l26 intake is aluminum and the whole intake will be turned 180. Everything lines up. Don't see a problem with coolant flow . If there is ill plumb in a line.This way both tb and thermostat will be forward. I'll have pics hope fully soon, cold down in tx too.

I did exactly the same thing. Turbo is in the stock location
I use the DLS 3.5 down pipe. If done over i would build a log setup. The engine is much closer to the frame. The bottom of the headers are only 1" maybe a little more from engine mount.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1389129871913.jpg
    1389129871913.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 525
Ok good to know. Thermostat housing is opposite corner than the Fbody intake, hence back drivers side at firewall area with FWD intake. Flipped around to the front I thought it (intake and therm housing area) would stick out too far and run into where the turbo bracket traditionally goes.

Lonnie I built log style headers on Codys car and did the crossover around the front and down to a Y at the turbine housing inlet. He doesn't have AC so I had more room to play with and gets rid of clutter on passenger side too. I have to say this car spools increadibly fast like this and almost zero lag anywhere, even with new Precision billet wheel 6266. Tubing size was 1 5/8" primaries and all 2 - 2.25" log and piping sizes up to the turbo. I am building a similar set currently for our 97 Grand Prix GT turbo project with 4T80E trans. I have the old TE60 that was on Codys GN and wanted to duplicate his setup as much as I could for this car. 517rwhp at 19 psi with this setup.

I cut the front of the intake off and built a box for the GN style set up. Throttle body thermostat water neck and all. I had the f-body and L26 and decided to go this way. Now i have a aussie intake that i am going to use that and build a sheet aluminum upper plenum.

Attachments

• 1389133636773.jpg
    1389133636773.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
Man looking at these pics that thing is dirty. LOL I thought the would be clean shrink wrapped.

Yeah me and slim are going with a GN style log 3800 header also (as close to GN stock header as we can)

Yeah Lonnie my fabbed up front cover looks just like yours that we did last week- intake , waterpump and headers will be different. Ill have a st2 or a st4 Stattima cam in it. Already have dual roll master chain, machined oil pump and ls7 lifters. Have na heads beehive 150 springs/ guides cut with Teflon seals- I'm match porting intake to heads and see what it does. I've also got the 4l60e built for it/ 98 ta PCM and wiring harness. Ill post pics soon. Car is in the air getting whole front end rebuilt.

Looks like you have been busy with that intake! Looks good Lonnie, I forgot how the original GN upper hose went but that looks really good.

Glad to see things are getting done.

Sent while waiting for boost to build...

Couple pictures of the stock brackets and mounts.

Attachments

• 3800.jpg
    3800.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,081
  • 3800-2.jpg
    3800-2.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 799
Was wondering if the stock water pump would work with your setup?

It could work but you would need to get real creative making a water pump pulley.