#36 blue tops or #40 red stripes?

I may be wrong, but the blue tops are picked more. Should be more chips around for them but............go 50s. I ran 50s with all stock stuff with no downsides over stock injectors. Same performance and gas mileage. ;)

Want RedStripes???

If you decide to go with the RedStripes, and are interested, I have a set of RedStripes that I am going to sell. They were flowed and balanced by Caspers and only have about 4k miles on them. I even painted the red stripe, black for that stealthy look. I will ship them to you with a JC-93 chip for them............all for $212.00. Just send me an email (erbjobs@hotmail.com).

For me, they ran VERY well with the JC chip !!

TG

I'm leaning toward 40s when I get a new turbo (probably a 44 or 49 next season). The price is definitely right, and as gokada shows, they'll give you some serious power. 36s are a nice stock upgrade if your stockers are starting to wear out, but I'd wanna go bigger. I'm considering 009s as well, but I don't wanna be faster than 11.49 (no cage for this car) and I think the 40s would support that.

While I have no personal experience with 009s, I've been told by more than one user that they are hard to tune. Fat on the bottom and lean on the top. Sounds like a tuning challenge to me. jmo ;)

John trust me 009's are not hard to tune. Nor are 40 lb red stripes.
They are not fat on the bottom or lean on top unless you chip programmer tells them to be.
They are just a dumb device waiting for direction.

Steve

Not too many options on chips for 40's.... MaxEffort, Jay Carter, Jim Testa.....

My 40's work great with my 16 position MaxEffort! :)

Go with the 40's sometime you can buy 009's for the same price. Be careful of your chip selection i tried several and Jim Testa worked the best. :cool:

Save your money. Buy the 50's and you won't have to buy another set of injectors unless you plan on goin' nutz in the future.
Perfect street manners.

go with the biggest....

You can afford. No sense getting 40's if you can get 42's for the same price.

Also, come up with a max et or hp you want to obtain. Then try to match your injectors for that. In other words, if you're looking for about 400 hp and et's around mid to low 12's go for the 40's because they have room for about 470-480 hp. If you think you want to go faster, lets say over 500 hp, then get the 42's or 50's. Those will take you down in the 11's easily.

JMO but, going 11's is quite easy and reletively affordable. Going lower is when it starts to cost. Things like girdle, caps, trans, rear end, etc, become a factor. Not to mention roll bars, jackets, harnesses etc.:D

Originally posted by Steve Y
John trust me 009's are not hard to tune. Nor are 40 lb red stripes.
They are not fat on the bottom or lean on top unless you chip programmer tells them to be.
They are just a dumb device waiting for direction.

Steve

Steve, I can't dispute what you say because I don't know the mechanics of burning chips. Just passing on what I've heard. I've never had 009s myself, but was told this by more than one person........people who burn their own chips. ZAM70 told me he doesn't have any problem with the 009s. He runs your Maximum Effort chip of which I've heard nothing but good things. I kind of get the idea that, with conventional chip burning, 009s are hard to burn a good chip for. Anyway, I recommended going to 50s over anything else. Now, I'm sure that's good advice. ;)

As Steve said, injectors are just a dumb device. Maybe I got lucky, but I am confident in my 009 program. I am even more confident in my 50 program because I made it for my car.

50's are pretty much all the fuel you'll ever need. I'm with John. Go with the 50's if you can swing it. If you cant swing it, save a few more weeks and buy them when you have the cabbage.

I have 36# Blue Tops on both of my TR's and LOVE THEM. I suggest the blues because there are many good chips for them. Good upgrade IMO.

How reliable do you want to be at a given level of performance?.

36s, and 40s mean just running static. If you like that, and the shortcomings that go with that, fine.

But, if your one of the lucky few that has headgaskets problems, with doing that, then going to the 50s will cure that.
And if you get serious about going fast, you'll need 50s anyway.

The problem with static injectors at WOT, is that as they transistion from normal operation to static, they can be erratic. That's just fact, and often overlooked. The more ocassions that you run erratic, the greater the chance for blowing a headgasket.

Plus you have no cushion left just in case.... overboost, colder air...whatever

Just 2 more cents

Racetronix has flow matched 50# delphi's on sale for $300 for 6 of them. Just thought I'd throw that out. I got mine in and I'm real happy with em. - BB