#359 all cleaned up

#359 has a new home, absolutely gorgeous.

Attached a few choice pics.

Attachments

• DCP_1404[1].jpg
    DCP_1404[1].jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,701
  • DCP_1469[1].jpg
    DCP_1469[1].jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,665
  • DCP_1507[1].jpg
    DCP_1507[1].jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,630
Speakin of the shop....you don't own a business that sells cars on Ebay???

Yes, texas_direct to be exact. We plan on keeping this one a while, something to admire. Just thought I would let you guys in on where it did end up.

Just because it is on ebay, doesn't mean we expect to sell it. What's the point of having a car like that if you don't show it off? Just an advertising tool, gives people confidence that our dealership is the real deal when they are buying their $20-$30k vehicle sight unseen, nothing more. We had a similar Grand National (not GNX) with 4k miles on it that we had for about 2 years, we listed it every couple months just to keep it out there, however, like all vehicles we own, they are all for sale at the end of the day. No one is even going to coment on how awesome it looks? Well, I will then, WOW, what an awesome vehicle. :)

Just because it is on ebay, doesn't mean we expect to sell it. What's the point of having a car like that if you don't show it off? Just an advertising tool, gives people confidence that our dealership is the real deal when they are buying their $20-$30k vehicle sight unseen, nothing more. We had a similar Grand National (not GNX) with 4k miles on it that we had for about 2 years, we listed it every couple months just to keep it out there, however, like all vehicles we own, they are all for sale at the end of the day. No one is even going to coment on how awesome it looks? Well, I will then, WOW, what an awesome vehicle. :)

I would suggest doing something with those rusted brake calipers.....I think people now are going to say WOW, what rusted brake calipers !!!

I wonder what the undercarraige looks like. It has to be rusted also if the calipers were, unless it was cleaned up already.

That's just what happens to unprotected cast iron (remember that picture is under a harsh digital flash), car is 100% original, you could eat off the undercarriage, time passes, things oxidize, but this car is perfect, we don't plan on doing anything to alter it's untouched condition, has been in climate controlled comfort its entire life, would imagine #1 and #2 are identical. We would have included pics of the undercarriage, but that would require us driving to a shop that had a lift, which would have broken 10 miles. Anyone interested enough to actually buy this will get it professionally inspected anyway. If anyone is in the Houston area, give me a call, stop in and take a look, sits right in the middle of our showroom.

Wow !!!!

nice car !!
very impressive,
its your car, so do what ever you want, ( sell it, keep it, or just dangle it in front of everyone!)
I have #163, it sits beside my 13k mi GN, next to the WE4, and the 86 T type.

again, very nice!!:smile:

cruzn57

That's just what happens to unprotected cast iron (remember that picture is under a harsh digital flash), car is 100% original, you could eat off the undercarriage, time passes, things oxidize, but this car is perfect, we don't plan on doing anything to alter it's untouched condition, has been in climate controlled comfort its entire life, would imagine #1 and #2 are identical. We would have included pics of the undercarriage, but that would require us driving to a shop that had a lift, which would have broken 10 miles. Anyone interested enough to actually buy this will get it professionally inspected anyway. If anyone is in the Houston area, give me a call, stop in and take a look, sits right in the middle of our showroom.

I have seen this car many times over the years & it truely is NEW & belongs in a museum. Hopefully this car will find a good home again someday?

Yeah hopefully it will go somewhere that it gets truely appreciated instead of sold for profit over and over again.

You know i just had to come back and re-post on this thread. I just wanted to comment that everyone has their own choice on what happens to the cars they own. Whether it be sell them for a profit or keep them to enjoy. the problem is that now the cars are unappreciated and have become a rich man's money sport. this car is a perfect example. It has never been titled. Never been driven. thats fine to have a car for collection because it preserves the car, BUT I have seen the price of this car go from $60K to $110K in a matter of 2 years. If this doesnt stop happening, pretty soon none of us guys, that truely appreciate these cars, will be able to own one and they will all be sitting in some heated/AC garage and wont be driven at all. Sorry but this is a very true fact. I personally hope the car market falls flat on its face, then maybe us normal income people can enjoy the hobby again. Sorry but think about it! I want my kids to be able to enjoy the cars too! take care!:cool: