3200 stall with a t72??

subinkracing

will a 3200 stall work well with a t72 turbo? The engine will be stock stroke with gn1 aluminum heads and headers, 80lb injectors, 70mm tb, janis trans, camshaft.......undecided but leaning toward a dls 218 roller. the car currently has a 206 cam and a 2800 stall and i believe a t63.

advice needed.....

It will spool slow. I just played around with a t72 bb and it has a 76 p trim ex wheel with .85 ex housing. It spools slow with a PTC 9.5" 17 stator. It would need a 19 to work ok. For a trans brake car at the strip it's a non issue. But on the street it's lazy. It would take a 3600 stall down low at least to have decent spool.

will a 3200 stall work well with a t72 turbo?
advice needed.....

Of course a 3200 stall will NOT work with a T72 turbo. :(

You ask for advise, but neglect to provide essential info on how the car will be used and driven?

On a street driven application, we would use a 3800-4000 stall converter, and for competition, it should be at least a 4500 stall.

At the strip, I need to leave at least 4000 RPM with my 70HPQ turbo to be competitive with a 4ths pro light.

My converter is at 3000 RPM with 0 boost, and it will out pull a big block V-8 leaving the line.

On the street, the higher stall converter will also aid traction considerably from a stop and beyond.

Sorry for the lack of essential info......Car Will be a dual street/strip car. Most street driving will be cruises and local car shows and a little summer track action.

I am new to the Buick scene........always had mustangs with a manual trans. LOL

Sorry for the lack of essential info......Car Will be a dual street/strip car. Most street driving will be cruises and local car shows and a little summer track action.

I am new to the Buick scene........always had mustangs with a manual trans. LOL
You need to post up what youre really looking for. A t72 is a big heavy compressor that will move a lot of air if the engine can eat it. It will support 8 sec hp with the correct turbine and the correct combo. Its not a commonly used compressor these days. There are smaller lighter wheels that will move a higher mass flow and spool considerably quicker. The combo i ran it on the other day made a little under 700whp@27psi with an old 76 p trim ex wheel in a 3 bolt housing. The engine has really good heads and breathing potential. If you dont have an engine that is built to make power from 5500-6300rpm this compressor is not for you. What turbine is your 72 coupled with?

The T72 is overkill for what you want unless your planning to run bottom 9's or high 8's. Replacing it with a smaller turbo will make the car much more enjoyable on the street. For a 10 second car the 6262 is enough. To run deep into the 9's a 6766 is all you need.

we have similar ques. with a 70 jb, heads, 210 cam 3500 ptc nl, mostly street driven gn would you recommend 6262 or 6266? alki kit for high 10's? as of now it is slow to light. thanx.

we have similar ques. with a 70 jb, heads, 210 cam 3500 ptc nl, mostly street driven gn would you recommend 6262 or 6266? alki kit for high 10's? as of now it is slow to light. thanx.
It would depend on mph needed. The cam, turbo, and converter need to work together. I doubt you would need a ptc 9.5" that stalls at 3500 for a small hyd applications with the turbos you mentioned. Big difference between the 62 and 66 turbines.

would 6266 be slow to lite on street?
It should be good with what you have. You need it to flash to 5200 and the compressor will be done at around 28psi/6000rpm.