'06 300 SRT8 or '06 GTO

• 300 SRT8

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • GTO

Votes: 41 53.2%

• Total voters

BLACK6PACK

1 sec reaction King
Well, someone bought the 300 SRT8 I was going to buy as I was walking in the door of the dealership. Just my luck, car sits on the lot for 2 years and sells 10 minutes before I buy it. Anyway, I've got a line on a couple more 06 300 SRT 8s and a line on a couple of GTOs. The 06 SRT8s are very low miles (19 & 4000), and one gto has only 800 miles on it. So, which would you buy. Money aside which would you buy, and then considering I'm looking at getting the SRT8s about $14000 off MSRP, and the GTOs about $8000 below msrp out the door which would you get. I was very impressed with the power of the SRT8. Didn't expect it to move the 4100 lb car that fast. My biggest concern is the size of the 300 after driving little 2 door 4 bangers as daily drivers for the 15+ years. The gto is quite a bit smaller, but looks kinda plain whereas the 300 SRT is sweet looking but is huge. Both get crappy gas mileage, so thats a wash and I only drive 4 miles to work.

Well, someone bought the 300 SRT8 I was going to buy as I was walking in the door of the dealership. Just my luck, car sits on the lot for 2 years and sells 10 minutes before I buy it. Anyway, I've got a line on a couple more 06 300 SRT 8s and a line on a couple of GTOs. The 06 SRT8s are very low miles (19 & 4000), and one gto has only 800 miles on it. So, which would you buy. Money aside which would you buy, and then considering I'm looking at getting the SRT8s about $14000 off MSRP, and the GTOs about $8000 below msrp out the door which would you get. I was very impressed with the power of the SRT8. Didn't expect it to move the 4100 lb car that fast. My biggest concern is the size of the 300 after driving little 2 door 4 bangers as daily drivers for the 15+ years. The gto is quite a bit smaller, but looks kinda plain whereas the 300 SRT is sweet looking but is huge. Both get crappy gas mileage, so thats a wash and I only drive 4 miles to work.

I'm not really a Chrysler fan, but a big, fast car is kinda nice for a DD.

I had a '96 Impala SS (I put a turbo on it, of course) that was a really nice family car.......

B

Both cars are great and it just depends on what fits your lifestyle. Buddy of mine has a GTO and its a sweet ride but he got in a fender bender and it took months for the parts to come to fix it. That said I'd get the GTO.

Yeah man, those SRT 8's are nice! arent they the ones that come with 4 wheel drive? i think it wold be a sweet car to have, especially as a dd

Joshua

I have a GTO and the interior is supurb. The seats are awesome, never had a problem with it and have beaten a charger SRT8 from the dig. I like the 300, more luxurious but a big car. My Goat gets about 28mpg highway, but I have 6 speed - city is about 15-17mpg. I know the SRT8 is worse. Audio system is better in the 300, b ut that also depends on what package you get.

Either way you can't go wrong, but if you're used to sportier cars the Goat might be what you're looking for - not too mention those 300s are a dime dozen, like a mustang, I see them every day. I see about one Goat a week.

I was wondering how the goat did on the highway with a 6 speed. Thanks nick. The 300 is rated at 14/20 and the gto is 16/21. It seemed to me that the 300 was probably pretty close while I thought the ratings for the gto were pretty low. My brothers 97 SS ragtop gets 26+ on the highway with the 6 speed. My current dd is a 95 talon tsi 2wd and gets 20/26 so for a 4 banger its pretty pathetic as far as gas mileage. The interiors of the GTOs are sweet, and the 300's very nice, not sure about the passenger side dash and door panels on the 300 though. I'm 5'7" and 145 lbs and the side bolsters on the 300 are not adjustable. the seats are a little loose fitting on me. I may need a booster chair! ;)

GTO's

I'm sort of Partial :biggrin:
Red is an 06 SLP 455 & Kasci's is a Orange 06 GTO

Attachments

• Our Goats 008.jpg
    Our Goats 008.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 357
Hey Brian,

Off subject-sorry, but do have the complete Emblems for an 87 GN? I'm repainting and want a fresh look, but am trying not to break the piggy bank.

Nick

Hey Brian,

Off subject-sorry, but do have the complete Emblems for an 87 GN? I'm repainting and want a fresh look, but am trying not to break the piggy bank.

Nick

Yes I do Nick we have a package deal emblem set on our site.
GBodyParts.com Online
I also have alot & I mean alolt of like new used emblems.E-mail me if I can help.

BLACK6PACK A very good friend of mine owns a Chrysler Jeep Dealership out here in California. He could help you locate the same 300SRT8 you were looking for and could probably help you get a better deal. PM me if your interested.

PS: I voted for the GTO ;)

Underboost,
I'd appreciate any help I could get. I do ok, but I'm not rolling in money. I've never owned a new car, I'm 36 and single, but can't see spending retail price for a car. I won't do it at this point in my life. I have a lot of bills with windstorm insurance doubling every 2 years! :mad: The eagle's msrp was $24k, I paid $9700 with 20k miles on it, drove it as a DD for 7 years and put 60k on it. I can easily get $4k for it and probably $5k. So, in 7 years I've lost $4-5k on it. For a DD I try to lose as little money as possible. Hence looking for a new old '06 300 SRT. All the '06 goats have been sold in this area, so I'm loosing out on warrenty, but there can be deals found if you look hard enough. As people have said, there are quite a bit of 300s on the market, and '06s can still be found on the lots new. The 300 is a pimp mobile with serious power, the GTO is hot ride that's fun to drive. I'm open to either.

I was about to drive off the lot with a new, full warrenty '06 300 srt for less than 30k out the door, so if you think you can get me that kind of deal I'll buy it tomorrow. I've had my checkbook in my back pocket and the pink slip in the car for the last 3 days. I did a little fishing for cars last night and had 4 dealers on the phone today trying to get things started. One dealer has very low mile 300 on the lot that is 3 miles from my house, that is wanting to deal, but it probably sold in '05 so 2 of the 3/36k is already gone. Seriously, I'm ready to buy tomorrow, for the right price. It's the end of the month and all the dealers down hereare trying to move the '07s let alone the '06 models. '07 king cab domestic trucks are selling for $14k. They're probably stripped, but still.

TIA

Bweavy,
Sweat set-up. I do really like the gto. If it were just me I wouldn't think twice about the goat. Hence the little talon (no room), but I work with 5 blonde women in my department (good and bad there) and when we go out it nobody wants to squeeze the hot blondes in the back of a 2 door. :D I'm a professional in a decent sized company. Do I get a car that will make them cream their jeans (300) or do I get a car that will make me cream my jeans while driving (gto). I'm not sure?!?!?! :D :dunno:

If you just want to buy and drive the 300C is the winner hands down, I have not been beat by a stock GTO yet in mine and overall the car does everything very well. If you are going to mod the car the GTO is a clear choice there is no PCM tunig for the Chrysler and not much aftermarket support because of that
Mike

I would take the SRT-8 or even a CTS-V over the GTO. Out of the 3 the SRT-8 is the fastest with a bunch of them in the 12's bone stock. i never got a chance to race mine before i sold it. I am not going to make the usual comparisons and just say that the I detest the 90's styling of the GTO. The CTS-V will still give you that closed in sports car feel and the SRT-8 being a little faster than the V you definitely have more head and shoulder room. None of the 3 are head turners (especially the goat) most do not know what a V or SRT series is. THe V was my favorite to drive but I ditched it after the rear broke.

People still come up to me in my Goat and ask me what type of car that is. The 300, everyone sees especially if you're into rental cars. I agree I like the 300 and charger but think of the GTO as an Australian Holden Monaro and far from some of the common issues and copy-catting found in cars over here.

I feel you about squeezing those gals in the back seat, but that might always work in your favor. P.S. Back seat is so big, I can git in it and I'm 6'3" tall 230 lbs.

Good luck either way

I work at a Dodge dealership and took an SRT8 Charger to the track and KILLED a 06 GTO. Car ran 13.28 bone azz stock.