300 SRT8 or GTO

'06 300 SRT8 or '06 GTO

• 300 SRT8

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • GTO

Votes: 41 53.2%

• Total voters
would jump on that SRT a dealer offered me more than that on a trade in, blue book is around 38,000 and they have been trading around 32,000
Mike

Those 300SRT8's STICKER at ~$42,000 for a New '07, so even an '06 with some
Miles thats a HECK of a Deal:eek:

And the winner is...

Attachments

• gto 5b.jpg
    gto 5b.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 173
  • gto 7b.jpg
    gto 7b.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 169
  • gto 4b.jpg
    gto 4b.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 160
  • gto 3b.jpg
    gto 3b.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 145
I just bought it today. Got it for a really good price, paid cash and still have the eagle to sell, so this made a better financial deal for me. I didn't want to lay out all that cash for the srt, so I would have had car payments. Its an 06 blue on blue, 6 speed, bought new in spring of 06, so I still have over a year and a half warrenty. I think the goat fits me better. The SRT is just too big for me, and in the end it will end up being more than 11k cheaper than the srt was going to be once I sell the eagle. The car is perfect, not a scratch! That said, I know where a killer deal can be had on a 300srt. PM me if you really want it. I had to drive 6 hours one way for this car and no negotiation was done until I got there. Negotiations took about 10 seconds and we were both happy. Oh, and I know where an ok deal can be had on an eagle talon tsi with 80k on the clock, bone stock. :biggrin:

The sticker on the 300 I was looking at was 44k. It didn't have a sunroof or dvd player, but I think it had everything else. It was silver and looked sweeeet! I love my new gto, and the looks keep on growing on me. Never was a big fan of the front end, but even thats starting to look good now that I own it.

From one GTO owner to another....a wise decision. Welcome to another club now ls2gto.com

Nick

Auto or 6 spd

Hi,

Whats the preferred tranny for the GTO?
Is the auto or 6 spd stronger for basic upgrades?

Henry

gto for me, the 300srt looks just like a stock v6 with out the badging, i spank these srt8s in my daily driven 02 T/A WS6 all day long and dont even think of going to the track in it since you will be spanked by those hondas and rustangs all day long also, i worked for a dodge dealership for 3 years and was not impressed by the srt line up.

gto for me, the 300srt looks just like a stock v6 with out the badging, i spank these srt8s in my daily driven 02 T/A WS6 all day long and dont even think of going to the track in it since you will be spanked by those hondas and rustangs all day long also, i worked for a dodge dealership for 3 years and was not impressed by the srt line up.

didn't read enough to see that you got the goat after all :redface: congrats:D

Just got the car home. I'm not used to such a quiet car. At 3700+ lbs its the biggest car I've ever had. This could easily be a 4 door car. The back seats have just as much room as a mid size 4 door car. I've put over 300 miles on it getting it home. Most of that was 75+ mph. At just over 75 it was getting around 24mpg. At around 65 it runs around 28-29 mpg per the onboard computer. My brothers 97 SS Z28 ragtop can't run in 6th gear unless you're on the interstate and doing 60+mph. I could be wrong, but the z28-ss must have a lower final drive ratio. The GTO can run in 6th at 45-50mph, meaning it can get killer milage on surface streets. I really like the car. Its more the type of car I'm used to driving than the big 4 door 300 SRT. I haven't even layed into it in 1st gear yet. Now we need to build a garage for the SS, GTO and GN that are in Florida.

Oh, there was also another message from the dealer of the SRT on my home phone trying to work out a deal. I'm sure it won't bother them, but I'll let them know I paid cash for an 06 gto while the dude that they let buy the 300 out from underneath me was probably beating on their 300 for 4 days and then had to return it because his credit sucked.

Enjoy the GTO....love the color!!:cool:

Thanks! That was the whole reason for driving 6 hours to get the car. There were several GTOs in the area, but I wanted the blue on blue. Plus the guy treated it like his baby.

That GTO does look nice the only thing I never liked is the rims. I think you made the right choice.

pontiac12.jpg

Good choice !! GTO's have 3.41 gearing stock. A few people (very few) go to 3.91's

With my magnacharger, I still get that good of mileage. Get signed up over at ls1gto.com (same site as ls2gto.com) and introduce yourself. There are LOTS of little secrets on how to make that car better and get more info from it for $0.00 (secret menu on LCD menus, bass boosting, secret trunk release...)

M6's rock too but the clutch can't take too much more power. I took my GTO out this last weekend and just mercilessly smoked my clutch (yes, I'm a moron). I'll get that replaced and have an upper 12 sec car that is just about perfect for me.

I'm the same user over there so feel free to drop a PM with questions.

Roger

I've been reading on that page. I went through the stereo stuff, and it still doesn't seem all that good. I heard changing the subs is a major job. I just got the plates this morning, so now I'm legal. I have a warrenty for the next year and a half, so I'll keep the mods basic. Probably intake and exhaust. The Goat will be my new DD if I sell the eagle. I've averaged about 6-7k miles a year on the eagle, so its not like I'll be putting a ton of miles on it. From what i'm reading, there were only about 30k GTOs produced, so its just about as rare as the GNs. They just don't have the mystic that the GNs do.

Thanks! That was the whole reason for driving 6 hours to get the car. There were several GTOs in the area, but I wanted the blue on blue. Plus the guy treated it like his baby.

Good choice.:cool: I have a 05 6-speed and it's a great all around car. I've added LTs and the cars have a great rumble to them with a mild cat-back exhaust.

I bought a new 06 Brazen Orange GTO today (automatic, still on dealer lot) they made me a deal I could not refuse. I am flying to St. Louis next week to pick it up. It is getting a twin turbo kit. Might be fun :)
Mike

Lucky guy. I paid cash for my used GTO, but now I have to eat PB&J for a while! I'm surprised that they cut you a deal. They had a 0% financing deal on them a couple of weeks ago and all the dealers cleared their lots. The last of the GTOs just came off the boats and some dealerships are marking them up $5k over msrp. Guys that work at dealerships say you have to do a 500 mile radius search to get 50 GTOs to show up. There are very few left, and the stealerships know it.