3 gauge pod installation

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Rearranged my gauges and thought I would post what I did. Eliminated my knock gauge and used the 3 gauge pod made by GNS. We sell these as well and like to try and use what we sell.

Got rid of the a pillar dual gauge pod for a cleaner look. What started this whole project was my decision to try out Alkycontrol's electric methanol pressure gauge. Was running a mechanical one next to my fuel pressure gauge on the hood. Moved my boost gauge next to the fuel pressure gauge on the hood, now easy to watch these in the same spot in your direct line of vision.

Attached my tach to the side of the 3 gauge pod and painted it to match. Gauge pod is easy to install and is rock solid one installed.

Attachments

• 3gaugepod 008.jpg
    3gaugepod 008.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 231
  • 3gaugepod 007.jpg
    3gaugepod 007.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 428
  • 3gaugepod 004.jpg
    3gaugepod 004.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 272
Very nice Mark! There is an endless way that gauges can be arranged in these cars. I'm sure mine will be moved around in the future.

Nick

Rearranged my gauges and thought I would post what I did. Eliminated my knock gauge and used the 3 gauge pod made by GNS. We sell these as well and like to try and use what we sell.

Got rid of the a pillar dual gauge pod for a cleaner look. What started this whole project was my decision to try out Alkycontrol's electric methanol pressure gauge. Was running a mechanical one next to my fuel pressure gauge on the hood. Moved my boost gauge next to the fuel pressure gauge on the hood, now easy to watch these in the same spot in your direct line of vision.

Attached my tach to the side of the 3 gauge pod and painted it to match. Gauge pod is easy to install and is rock solid one installed.

Looks good!
Hey Mark, if you don't mind me asking......what brand of gauges are you using?
I like the style and have been looking for something similar that will not look too different than my VDO's.

thanks,

dave

Using Autometer Z Series, close match to the VDO's. Using VDO's in the console dual gauge pod. The Alkycontrol gauge is a Marshall gauge. Have to look close to see the difference.

Mark, if you are interested in selling your knock gauge and it is a Caspers unit I might be interested in buying it if we can agree on a price. Let me know.
Thanks,
Mike D.

makes me angry that i missed out on the double hood mounth i have a single and id really like to move my oil pressure gauge out to the hood and use that slot for a wide band

Do a full write up from start to finish and add it to the how to section Mark. It would help those that've bought it and let people know it's not that hard to do.:)