3 bar map sensor and powerlogger

ok, a few things.

body grounds suck, everyone agrees.

The caspers adapter has a ground wire (a pair actually) that you are supposed to ground to the dashboard. I never liked that. I'm not saying this is an issue, but just unbolt it and see if anything changes. You could extend the wiring and ground it to the engine.

On the battery vs engine grounds. everything in the car is grounded to the engine, running some grounds to the battery would create loops. Not a step in the right direction. But you could try it and see if it changes the symptom.

what kind of shape is your negative battery cable in? tight to the engine?

Bob

open up the caspers adapter and make sure there are no "issues"

I have seen burnt traces in them before, but I don't remember the exact details.

Bob

From the Megasquirt "MegaManual"

Note that though the diagram above shows the various grounds joined to connect to a single wire run to ground, this is for illustrative purposes only. In a schematic, all the grounds are equivalent. But to minimize electrical noise in an actual installation, you should run each of the grounds with its own wire to a single point on the engine block, and the battery ground should connect directly to that spot on the engine block as well.

Just to add another data point.

Bob