295/55/15 without rolled fender lips or frame notch???

will have pics later this week. Car just got painted today and should be back in my garage later this week....

Attachments

• photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 250
Ok, new tires arrived and I got them mounted. It's close, but no rubbing on the inside. Approx 5/16 clearance between the tire and the frame. I have to say, the new 295/55-15's look absolutely fantastic. They fit perfectly. I'm running Weld 15x9 with 4 1/2 backspacing. Here are some before and after pics. The 'before' pics have MT 255/60's, which measured roughly 10.7 total width and 27 inches tall, and the 'after' pics are the 295/55's which measure roughly 11.7 total width and 27.6 inches tall, both measured on 15x9 wheels.
Before:
IMG_6705m.jpg

After:
IMG_6718m.jpg

Before:
IMG_6706m.jpg

After:
IMG_6719m.jpg

Before:
IMG_6711m.jpg

After:
IMG_6722m.jpg

toomany, WOW I love it look great... I want the same welds, are they 3 piece rims or 2?

Toomany, very very nice. That would also be my wheel of choice if I had the cash. Good info on being close to the frame with 4.5" backspacing. How about the gap to the fender lip? Think it will rub backing out of a driveway, during a hard launch, or cornering?

Bobby, what backspacing do your wheels have and do you have any issues?

toomany, WOW I love it look great... I want the same welds, are they 3 piece rims or 2?
They are 3 piece wheels. They are pricey however:
http://weldracing.com/street-performance/r-t-series/weld-star.html

Not certain yet about rubbing on the fender lip yet. It's close for sure. I have air bags so I'll probably be ok. If I do mod the fender lips, I'll trim 1/8" to 1/4" or so and that should be enough. I haven't driven the car yet this evening but will report any rubbing issues.

couple of things i read #1 TType wheels are differant than GN wheels .#2 if you have aluminum drums it will space you out another .25 or so
mine is std drums 3.5 BS 8" but mine are trimmed at the top because at one time I ran 29x10s

For the record, mine are the standard drums as well, and my ride height is stock, and fenders are untouched. By the way, I wouldn't recommend anybody attempt to run the 295/55's on the stock 15x7 rims. These tires are just way too wide to be pinched on a rim that narrow and they would wear the middle out fast.

I took the Buick out for a spin this evening. Launched the car a few times, and these tires hook really nice! A put it through some corners, about as fast as I dare with 15x5's on the front, had a passenger with me. No rubbing at all. I'd say that this is the biggest wheel/tire combo that can possibly be squeezed on a turbo regal with no notch and no rolled fenders. If my car was lowered, then rolled fender lips would be needed.

No really there are guys getting 1.3s on these things .I know Dave Fiscus ran them may still.Cal told me when I went to the line in coumbus for the first time last year it would fry them and he was right

You guys think these 295/55/15 MT would be too wide for a 15x8 wheel? My bs is 3 7/8 and my inside fender lip has been trimmed. i have 275/60/15 MT on it now, but really like the 295,s for the next set.

toomanymodz, that is a huge improvement in looks and stance. Looks fantastic!!! Well done.
BobbyBuick, your car is also one of my favorites too.

You guys think these 295/55/15 MT would be too wide for a 15x8 wheel? My bs is 3 7/8 and my inside fender lip has been trimmed. i have 275/60/15 MT on it now, but really like the 295,s for the next set.
According to their website, those are approved for 15x8 wheels. My rough calculations say that they should fit your car without rubbing, provided that your rear is centered well. You can determine if it is by measuring your tire clearance between the tire and frame and then compare your drivers-side and passenger-side measurements. Mine were spot-on...I have 3/8 clearance on both sides.

No really there are guys getting 1.3s on these things .I know Dave Fiscus ran them may still.Cal told me when I went to the line in coumbus for the first time last year it would fry them and he was right
Maybe some suspension tuning is needed?
I run (locally) in a class the 275/60/15 radial tire is biggest and only tire you can run(no bias ply) upper half of the field is middle nines
Just a thought...I have yet to spin these tires and I have people give me shit on how small a burnout I do
8in rims 21 psi(in the tires)

Attachments

• TWISTsmall.jpg
    TWISTsmall.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 183