295/55/15 without rolled fender lips or frame notch???

MNwe4

Thinking about this MT drag radial on an 8" wheel with 4" of backspacing. Obviously the rear end and body have to be well centered to the frame. Anybody pulling this off without modifying the wheel well area? If so what are you running for wheel width and backspacing?

Yes I have moved to this tire on my 15x8 Gn rims with 4 inch backspace on the rim. Here's what I did . Running 5/16th spacers behind wheel Is all I had to do my wheel lips are not rolled I run my car factory height with qa1 adj shocks on stiff side no problems .luv em

Yes I have moved to this tire on my 15x8 Gn rims with 4 inch backspace on the rim. Here's what I did . Running 5/16th spacers behind wheel Is all I had to do my wheel lips are not rolled I run my car factory height with qa1 adj shocks on stiff side no problems .luv em

Again, this is with the MT drag radial, right? If so, that's very encouraging! So you would say I'd be better off with a 3-3/4 inch backspacing on a 15x8? I spoke with the wheel manufacturer and they're a small shop willing to make whatever backspacing I want. They said their accuracy is within 1/16 of an inch. I have bilstein shocks with airbags along with new poly body mounts so luckily a sagging rear is not a concern here, just the wheel well space. Thanks for the reply.

Anybody else pulling this off without cutting, rolling, or beating on the car?

They won't fit. The section width of the 275/50/15 MT DR is 11.3"...and they hit on the wheel lips mounted on the stock GN rims on my car. The section width of the MT 295/55/15 is 12"...so you'd have to roll the fender lips.

They won't fit. The section width of the 275/50/15 MT DR is 11.3"...and they hit on the wheel lips mounted on the stock GN rims on my car. The section width of the MT 295/55/15 is 12"...so you'd have to roll the fender lips.

Do the 275's only hit on one side of your car? Sounds like your body or rear end may be off a decent amount. I've run the 275/50's on my stock T wheels for years with no issues and many of our club members run the 275/60's on stock GN wheels with no problems either.

Your wrong they do fit with my 15x8 Gn and spacer you it comes out to a 3.5 backspace that what they need to be on an 8 rim with is only 10.9 inches they fit because I know . They are on my car they don't rub inside of frame on mine . Car is stock height

Your wrong they do fit with my 15x8 Gn and spacer you it comes out to a 3.5 backspace that what they need to be on an 8 rim with is only 10.9 inches they fit because I know . They are on my car they don't rub inside of frame on mine . Car is stock height

Cool...now let's see some closeup clearance pics.

Oh jesus give me a break . I don't have a digital camera lol . The tires fit on an 8 inch rim . If you want to roll fender lips then roll em I didn't have too. I run qa1 adj shocks n run them 3 to 4 stiff . N I race n my car off a Trans break launching at 4200 n 17 lbs of boost on the street dead hooking . And drive it everywhere . I did my research on these on the board before I did it . There a Gn on the board that runs these on a 10 rim 4.5 backspace with no frame notch n no rolled lip factory height .

Cool...now let's see some closeup clearance pics.

If he says they fit on his car, then they fit. What motivation does Reaper have to lie about it? Everyone's car is a little different and it is possible he's one of the lucky ones where the body, frame, and rear end are centered very well. I've done everything I can to get my stuff lined up so hopefully it will work for me too. I may just them a shot this summer. Clearance is probably very close, but isn't that what we try to do with these cars, squeeze every last ounce of performance out of them?

Thank you for the input guys. If anyone else has given these tires a shot I would be interested to hear their experiences.

im running them they fit perfect on an 8 inch rim,been 1.52 60fts footbrake launch and the car drives great with them.without a doubt my favorite tire so far.

It's all good bud all I had to do is run a spacer to bring the wheel out a half inch that's it . Not rocket science haha

i'd like to see a pic from behind, not too close to the car. Take the camera and stand about 20 feet behind the car and use a little bit of zoom to bring the car closer. I'm running 255/60's on 15x9 with 4.5 backspace and i've been thinking about running with these next time. My total section width is 10.9, so these will be an entire inch wider....ouch! Can't see how they'll fit without modding something.

These are 295/50/15's on my t rims. no roll or notch. can barely fit a q-tip between frame rail and tire though!
clint 004.JPG
clint 006.JPG
clint 005.JPG
clint 004.JPGclint 006.JPGclint 005.JPG

Ill let you guys know with some pics next week. have brand new prostars 15x9.5 and 295/55/15 MT drag radials. I have rolled fenders and my car is stock height. just waiting for it to come out of the body shop this week.

Ill let you guys know with some pics next week. have brand new prostars 15x9.5 and 295/55/15 MT drag radials. I have rolled fenders and my car is stock height. just waiting for it to come out of the body shop this week.
I'll be very interested to see how they fit. What backspace are your prostars?

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of MT 295/55's. I'm currently running MT 255/60-15 on 15x9 rims with 4.5 backspacing. The clearance on the inside is 11/16" Once I receive the new tires I'll post any clearance issues and pics. I went ahead and ordered 3/8 spacers because I think that I'll be needing them.