280 LPH Supra fuel pump installed

Ah. I get it. You don't sell the pump...you sell the wiring harness to make the pump into a plug and play unit, correct?

high fuel pressure with supra pump

I installed this Supra pump along with the Racetronix internal tank wiring kit. All works quite well , but I have an issue perphaps members of this board can help with. Orginally at idle I had 55 psi of fuel pressure ;with no adjustments a week later I have 90 psi. My instint tells me perhaps th fuel pump is setting too deep in the tank , but im not sure.Any help is apprecited.

Running 87 t-type: stock injectors, chip, 160 themostat,. bosch adjustable fuel pressure reg.
:smile:

Question how fast has anyone gone with one of these pumps? Was it maxxed out balls to the walls? Whats possible?

I installed this Supra pump along with the Racetronix internal tank wiring kit. All works quite well , but I have an issue perphaps members of this board can help with. Orginally at idle I had 55 psi of fuel pressure ;with no adjustments a week later I have 90 psi. My instint tells me perhaps th fuel pump is setting too deep in the tank , but im not sure.Any help is apprecited.

Running 87 t-type: stock injectors, chip, 160 themostat,. bosch adjustable fuel pressure reg.
:smile:

How the pump is oriented in the tank has no bearing on pressure.
High pressure is either a clogged/blocked/crushed return line, or fuel regulator failure; insure fuel gauge is quality and working good.

New Part Numbers for Denso pump

This may be old news to some of you but here are the new part numbers for the MKIV Supra Denso fuel pump;

Old Denso number: 195130-1020
New Denso number: 195130-1270
Denso kit w/pump number: 950-0155
Toyota number: 23221-46110
Kyosan number: E3000-146825

is this a fluke? these pumps are sent to japan for an upgrade from on older denso pump and it says they support 800 hp.
Fuel Pump Part#: 195130-1020

Fuel Pump Weight: 2lbs

The 1020 Kyosan/Denso 300LPH high pressure fuel pump is the OEM fuel pump for the 93-97 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo. It is used as a popular universal fuel pump upgrade for automotive performance enthusiasts. Supports up to 800HP. You do not have to upgrade any components of your fuel systems to adapt to this pump since the overflow of fuel is sent back to the engine by the fuel pressure regulator via the fuel return line, which cools down engine components and your gas tank. This auction includes fuel pump, hose, clamps, and filter allowing for an easy install on most import and domestic vehicles including but not limited to the Skyline, 240sx, Civic, CRX, Integra, Eclipse, Supra, 350Z, AE86, GTI-R, Celica, MR2, 300ZX, Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, etc. We consider this to be a very universal fuel pump setup which replaces your existing OEM or aftermarket (Walbro) fuel pump in it's same place inside the gas tank.

Just $149.00 including shipping within the United States!

Denso Fuel Pump - 300LPH 1020 Toyota Supra Denso Fuel Pumps

is this a fluke? these pumps are sent to japan for an upgrade from on older denso pump and it says they support 800 hp.

I'm not sure. I thought I remember reading somewhere that early on, HKS was selling an upgraded stock Denso (Toyota) pump which had some special mod done to it (relief valve maybe?). And that Desno had got wind of that and started selling them with that same mod. Seems like I recall it was on a forum from a Supra guy who had been in touch with a Denso tech rep and that's where the info came from.

I don't believe it will do 800 hp though, at least not in a boosted application (has to overcome boost pressure). Maybe in a N/A it would.

I still think the Bosch pumps are better than the Denso?

I found a tech note from a corvette web site that installed a Bosch pump in the tank.

This would ensure that there are no issues with it starving like in a external application?

I found a tech note from a corvette web site that installed a Bosch pump in the tank.

This would ensure that there are no issues with it starving like in a external application?

At 70 psi, Bosch 044 pump = 69 gph
At 70 psi, Denso -1020 pump = 61 gph
Both at 13.5 volts

Yes you are correct

Thanks Scott, I ordered a NA fuel sending unit form autozone @$60 and an racetronix intermediate harness for the Bosch pump.

Putting the Bosch fuel pump in than should serve me well and be able to handle my E8580lb injectors without having to deal with double pumper setup complication.

help me out here.
if the external's pump pick up is in the same spot as the internals pump pick up, How would the External pump starve any deferent?

help me out here.
if the external's pump pick up is in the same spot as the internals pump pick up, How would the External pump starve any deferent?

I think a lot of it is due to the pumps are truely designed to push fuel, not pull it. With an external pump using a stock application hanger, it has to overcome the required upward motion in a pulling action and then push to the motor. If you sump your tank, there is less resistance when pulling to the pump.

That is my thoughts at least...

Mike

I think a lot of it is due to the pumps are truely designed to push fuel, not pull it. With an external pump using a stock application hanger, it has to overcome the required upward motion in a pulling action and then push to the motor. If you sump your tank, there is less resistance when pulling to the pump.

That is my thoughts at least...

Mike

If you have a decently working in-tank pump (like the denso or W340/0169), I think it would be a lot (?) less hassle to add an external in-line pump, and it would work very well. At least you wouldn't have to drop the tank.

How much current dose this pump draw, i have a casper hot wire kit, and the wires are getting really Hot. I made sure it is grounded!

How much current dose this pump draw, i have a casper hot wire kit, and the wires are getting really Hot. I made sure it is grounded!

Its not going to be able to pull more amperage than the fuse you have.
The insulation isn't melting is it?

Im dropping the tank and installing my Denso this weekend!

I bought a racetronix intermediate harness for easier hookup. It also has heavier gauge wire so it S/B OK with the higher amp draw.

My pump just arrived. What size hose clamps are used to hold the pump to the support? I need to pick some up before I go home tonight.