280 LPH Supra fuel pump installed

I take difference to the absoluteness of the statement "WILL NOT WORK".
When I know Racetronix doesn't even have one of these pumps, none the less a installed one in a TR.
He got his terminal measurements from me.
He just added some ring terminals to an already existing product and is only concerned about profit.

My point is that there has to be a vapor-tight seal where the wires enter the tank. You will not be able to achieve a long-term reliable seal using most readily available sealants spread around a wire entering the sender or using simple grommets. This is especially true if you are using proper gas-safe TEFLON wire. Stuff just does not STICK to Teflon nor should it be made to. The yellow bulkhead connectors we use are specially sealed and pressure tested (cert. is on the package) for this very reason. They allow us to bring heavier gauge wire right up to the bulkhead connector. What a customer chooses to ignore and do in his own garage is not inline with what Racetronix would consider bringing to market.

Thanks for the measurements which were confirmed with Denso b/c I did not want to take a chance that the terminal sizes might vary based on the pump model. There was no pre-existing product compatible with the TR version so all had to be made from scratch.

I take offence to the comment that I am only concerned about profit. :mad: If that were the case you would probably not see much if any TR product on my web page. The TR market is one of the smallest and least profitable lines for me. How much profit do you think there is in making and shipping $30.00 items? If it was not for the fact that I have owned one of these cars for over 21 years and that I have an affinity for them would I bother bringing some of these items to market. I am not bitching about it or looking for any thanks here. It is a personal choice and I am just stating the facts. Please consider what you are saying before posting.

Jack :cool:

Some people sure know how to open mouth insert foot first gm high tech now racetronix dude some times you gotta be happy with whats there cause if it gets taken away we are the only ones that suffer nothing will ever be perfect and make everyone happy ;)

Some people sure know how to open mouth insert foot first gm high tech now racetronix dude some times you gotta be happy with whats there cause if it gets taken away we are the only ones that suffer nothing will ever be perfect and make everyone happy ;)

I am not sure I know what you mean here, especially about Racetronix...

Maybe you are saying that someone inserted foot ABOUT Racetronix...

I am glad that Racetronix is here to help us where they can. No way are they about profit only. They are doing what we need, by supplying a quality plug and play product to allow us to move to a different fuel pump if desired. Definately not a lot of money to be made as Jack stated before. I have received one of his harnesses and it is a nice quality piece. Matter of fact, I may need to get another soon and you can bet that I will use his product and not take a chance. It is not that much money to be safe.

Mike

I am not sure I know what you mean here, especially about Racetronix...

Maybe you are saying that someone inserted foot ABOUT Racetronix...

I am glad that Racetronix is here to help us where they can. No way are they about profit only. They are doing what we need, by supplying a quality plug and play product to allow us to move to a different fuel pump if desired. Definately not a lot of money to be made as Jack stated before. I have received one of his harnesses and it is a nice quality piece. Matter of fact, I may need to get another soon and you can bet that I will use his product and not take a chance. It is not that much money to be safe.

Mike

Guys, this is a GREAT thread, and what needs to be said has been said. ;)
Let's move on, keep it "tech", so it can help other enthusiasts get their cars running if they decide to install this pump. :eek:

Myself, I terminated the OEM wires in the tank for a few reasons;
1 - No wire incompatibility issues with fuel, and a good seal.
2 - The pump is installed in a 200HP HA.

Thus far, FP is stable, climbing with boost, and no issues. :cool:

Racetronix, it's very hard to get a hold of you and we still haven't seen a link to it on your webpage or even a picture. I'd imagine this will help sales and reward you for stepping up on this for the community. ;)

FWIW, another vendor has mentioned the same sealing concerns as Racetronix and they're valid points.

This stock wiring topic will be put to bed as there will be another vendor offering a wiring solution by the start of Spring for us on the Supra pump. :cool:

Racetronix, it's very hard to get a hold of you and we still haven't seen a link to it on your webpage or even a picture. I'd imagine this will help sales and reward you for stepping up on this for the community. ;)

FWIW, another vendor has mentioned the same sealing concerns as Racetronix and they're valid points.

This stock wiring topic will be put to bed as there will be another vendor offering a wiring solution by the start of Spring for us on the Supra pump. :cool:

Racetronix has a new web store. Items are being added as quickly as possible in order of priority. The TR bulkhead assembly will be added sometime this coming week.

Years ago I was telling people that the factory wiring was suffering. This is not just a Denso pump-related problem. That is why our TR kits have come with new G75/77 in-tank wiring for years now while other vendors are still selling Walbro's in-line adapter.

I wish the other vendor luck. We made a few dozen harnesses a while back and to date we have had 10 inquiries at best for this product. Perhaps they would like to buy out our existing inventory?

Racetronix has a new web store. Items are being added as quickly as possible in order of priority. The TR bulkhead assembly will be added sometime this coming week.

Years ago I was telling people that the factory wiring was suffering. This is not just a Denso pump-related problem. Blah, blah, blah....

I don't believe you......Below is what you said on post # 90:

:)

Why would you need more than 16Ga wire for a draw of 8 amps over a length of 6"? Do you actually think you can measure a difference in pump performance using 14 or 12Ga?

A small child could tell the factory wire was insufficient.
But since you have seen "potential customers" clamoring for heavier wiring,
and from that time all that you have offered to this thread is advertisement....
(and responding 4 days after the fact:rolleyes: )

I don't believe you......Below is what you said on post # 90:

A small child could tell the factory wire was insufficient.
But since you have seen "potential customers" clamoring for heavier wiring,
and from that time all that you have offered to this thread is advertisement....
(and responding 4 days after the fact:rolleyes: )

Who said this has anything to do with the short in-tank harness? The issue here is the terminals in the tank galling / corroding. This is why TurboV6Joe had his failure and we have a new BCA and in-tank wiring. This problem is only going to get worse with time. The Impala SS crowd has been living with this chronic problem for years now but at least they recognize the merit of my posts and the value of the BCA we offer them. Maybe once more TR owners have to deal with this ‘crispy wiring issue’ will people sit up and take notice?

Is there anything else I have posted that you would like to focus on and pick apart that you don’t understand the reasons for?

Is there some sort of time limit you consider acceptable for a vendor to find a thread and post a reply? Maybe I should be enjoying my weekend off instead of entertaining your pointed questions / statements?

Who said this has anything to do with the short in-tank harness?
Hello! Thats what we have been addressing getting 10 ga wire to the pump!
I know you have your own agenda but come on!

The issue here is the terminals in the tank galling / corroding. This is why TurboV6Joe had his failure and we have a new BCA and in-tank wiring.

That failure was from the heavy draw of the Denso pump

Is there anything else I have posted that you would like to focus on and pick apart that you don’t understand the reasons for?

Yeah, if you werent into the profit why dont you just offer the bulkhead connector by itself to the people here?
Or better yet just tell us where we can buy these for ourselves?

I mean you just stated how unprofitable it is and I imagine its a hassle to ship stuff from Canada...
I started this thread in the spirit of sharing developments and sources, with the TR community. I just resent how it became a reoccurring Racetrix commercial.

Is there some sort of time limit you consider acceptable for a vendor to find a thread and post a reply? Maybe I should be enjoying my weekend off instead of entertaining your pointed questions / statements?

I thought it was funny because people were trying to contact you. Do you have a phone number? Maybe you should post it.

Yeah, if you werent into the profit why dont you just offer the bulkhead connector by itself to the people here?

I mean you just stated how unprofitable it is and I imagine its a hassle to ship stuff from Canada...
I started this thread in the spirit of sharing developments and sources, with the TR community. I just resent how it became a reoccurring Racetrix commercial.

If you keep posting like this there won't be any vendors left to help with these new innovations and products. You cant pick and choose who posts.

Well folks.... looks like 87gta-turbo has this all figured out.
I am a money grubbing retailer with nothing of technical merit to offer the community.

Peace out.

I do not see why any business would not be for profit. His point was the profit level is not anything like you are trying to make it out to be. If you are so inclined to make or create anything for the TR community and not need to make any profit on it, please feel free to do so. Let us know what you are going to contribute to us and start shipping them out to those that are interested in paying whatever cost there is in it. Racetronix is in a business to create a needed item and then make enough profit from those item to continue working on supporting our habits. Now, if you want to just cut down becouse someone wants to sell a $30 item that is quite an improvement over our original equipment, that stepped in basically immediately - you may need to step back and understand what harm you may be doing to the community that you think you are supporting.

Yes, racetronix is difficult to get in touch with. I know it took me a while also. But persistance and determination paid off in a few days. Maybe we could be more constructive to request a better communication path...

Just a thought...

Mike

If ya could tell I don't like Jack/Racetrfux...
Maybe it was the hotwire kit I bought in 2005 that came without instructions and his unapologetic attitude that you need to visit some hidden link on his site.
Great when you have the car on a lift and the tank down to figure out the wiring by trial and error.

Maybe it was the 60lb Siemens injectors I bought in late 07 and after some suspicion I sent them to Chuck Leeper six months ago to be cleaned/tested and 4 of the 6 had bad pattens...and I mean real bad, shoots the fuel to one side in a stream even after two cycles of cleaning. Had a total of 3 k miles on them, you wanna buy them from me?

I never complained I even extended the olive branch by providing him with the measurements of the terminals.
But his blanket statement, without proof that no sealants will work to seal a bulkhead connection is BS. Where is this mysterious database with all the sealants in existence?
Why is it we are asking for 10 ga wire and all he can supply is a 14 ga wire/bulkhead but that issue is never addressed its a smoke and mirror about tank pressure certified. Sell us what we want not what you have in stock.
You can support whom ever you want and I reserve the right to oppose whom ever I want.
And I am justified in doing so.

Sounds like a personal prob to me you finally said it.. theres nothing r tronics can say that will make you happy...Y dont you iron out your issues with them personally instead of dragging everyone else into it you arent helping anyone by doing that......

Sounds like a personal prob to me you finally said it.. theres nothing r tronics can say that will make you happy...Y dont you iron out your issues with them personally instead of dragging everyone else into it you arent helping anyone by doing that......

Read this:

his blanket statement, without proof that no sealants will work to seal a bulkhead connection is BS. Where is this mysterious database with all the sealants in existence?

That is a technical problem...I'm not denying a personal issue but I showed patience and good faith by helping him out.
I do not like the turn this thread took either; but I liked less that it turned into a advertisment for a vendor (with terrible customer service) who was pushing his product as the only possible solution.
Making statments that he couldnt prove and ignoring the 10 ga wire installation issue.
He could just as easily started his own thread offering his product.

Trust me guys there is a method to my madness.
I have been searching and working on this but between the 2 jobs and the volunteering I do with the FD I dont have as much time as I'd like.
I know I dont play nice, but that is why I own a GN in the first place ;) I'm the type of guy to hoist the BS flag and I dont apologize for it.

anyway...
I have been searching alot of other sources and found a couple of industrial applications that have chem/liquid resitant wire feed throughs.

I also think the carbed N/A hanger's brass terminal post could be used as a feed through I'm just trying to locate the source.

Been working on a home made sealed wire feed though by testing the resistance to fuels. I made one but needed to tweak a few things.

Found a few methods that Jeep and Mazda guys have used.

And when I find these I will share the sources, not offer them for sale at an inflated price. That to me is the true spirit of sharing with the community.

here is an idea a Jeep guy did look at the hanger he made, and look at that fat red + wire::biggrin:
Looking for an electrical bulkhead connector for fuel pump... - Jeep Scrambler Forums & Discussions

I have a picture of the ring terminal post but its on my other computer, Im sorry for the negative posts; but you need a positve and negative for the pump to work:D .

My point is that there has to be a vapor-tight seal where the wires enter the tank. You will not be able to achieve a long-term reliable seal using most readily available sealants spread around a wire entering the sender or using simple grommets. This is especially true if you are using proper gas-safe TEFLON wire. Stuff just does not STICK to Teflon nor should it be made to. The yellow bulkhead connectors we use are specially sealed and pressure tested (cert. is on the package) for this very reason.

This makes sense. As much as possible, I like to have an OE sense of reliability and safety in any mods I do to my car. The idea of sealing wires to a tank with epoxy or the like, seems like a terrible one. Just my two cents.

This makes sense. As much as possible, I like to have an OE sense of reliability and safety in any mods I do to my car. The idea of sealing wires to a tank with epoxy or the like, seems like a terrible one. Just my two cents.

I turn out looking like an ogre on my own thread, because a beloved vendor casts doubt on the ability of epoxy.
So be it.
Spend 500 + dollars on a Red's Double pumper and you get epoxy sealed wires.
He sold tons of these why isn't he slammed?

Attachments

• dptop.jpg
    dptop.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 502
I turn out looking like an ogre on my own thread, because a beloved vendor casts doubt on the ability of epoxy.
So be it.
Spend 500 + dollars on a Red's Double pumper and you get epoxy sealed wires.
He sold tons of these why isn't he slammed?

No need to feel that way you gave a lot of people an alternative fuel pump.
This has been a great thread with lots of good info yeahh a few bumps on the road but your name is still on top of it all. I for one will be going with this set up.