280 LPH Supra fuel pump installed

Got mine from aiverturbo on ebay. About $156 shipped. Pretty fast shipping. I switched my wires and it ran for 5-10 seconds for about 6 attempts running dry (backwards).

That is who I purchased mine from also. (siverturbo)

I hope that the pump did not get damaged by running it backwards. Keep us informed how it all works out, as your pressure is not adequate from your other post. I really need to purchase a transducer for my powerlogger system so I can record my fuel pressure. I would also like to be sure that these are the good pumps and are capible of the the pressure and volume that we need on our cars.

Mike

i got my from mvp motorsports in texas. its a import shop that does alot of supra stuff. i dont have a part number but they have the pump on their website. i like it and its very quite. also go ahead and put a hotwire on it for like 30 more bucks its easy while you got the car up changing the pump

i got my from mvp motorsports in texas. its a import shop that does alot of supra stuff. i dont have a part number but they have the pump on their website. i like it and its very quite. also go ahead and put a hotwire on it for like 30 more bucks its easy while you got the car up changing the pump

I am hotwired already, and am getting 13.4 to 14.1 volts at the pump off the altinator now. Everything points that this should be the correct pump and all, it seems that Mike may have messed his up running it backwards. I will definately try to ensure I do not hook it up backwards.

Mike

if you look at the top of the pump it has a pos and neg sign lol just watch what your doing and youll be fine.just get the m4 and m5 nuts before you start the install. also looking at the last set of pics be sure to put the little clamp on the sock. the actual neck on the sock looks like it snaps on like the walbro but it has a very small clip that pushes over the little tit that holds the sock in one postion.

That is who I purchased mine from also. (siverturbo)

I hope that the pump did not get damaged by running it backwards. Keep us informed how it all works out, as your pressure is not adequate from your other post. I really need to purchase a transducer for my powerlogger system so I can record my fuel pressure. I would also like to be sure that these are the good pumps and are capible of the the pressure and volume that we need on our cars.

Mike

These pumps are more then adequate for the TR's. They flow a lot more fuel then the Walbro 340...this info can be found on their website where they have a flow chart posted.

I'm the guy that switched positive and negative wires and the pump ran backward for a little while. I called Denso tech and he said that he didn't think it would harm it. It's basically just an electric motor. He also said that they have a year warranty if there is a problem. He said it's basically a no questions asked so on the down low, mine would qualify. But since I bought it off of ebay that I'd have to go through him. He said that they have very few sent back. Part of that could be a very special process that you have to go through to send a pump through the mail if it has run gas through it. But their pumps have been very reliable. He also told me that they don't publish flow numbers on there site. But the number that he got from one of his guys was 200 lph at 47.54 psi but was not sure of voltage. He thought it was in the 12's. He also said that Denso is very conservative in their numbers.

I'm the guy that switched positive and negative wires and the pump ran backward for a little while. I called Denso tech and he said that he didn't think it would harm it. It's basically just an electric motor. He also said that they have a year warranty if there is a problem. He said it's basically a no questions asked so on the down low, mine would qualify. But since I bought it off of ebay that I'd have to go through him. He said that they have very few sent back. Part of that could be a very special process that you have to go through to send a pump through the mail if it has run gas through it. But their pumps have been very reliable. He also told me that they don't publish flow numbers on there site. But the number that he got from one of his guys was 200 lph at 47.54 psi but was not sure of voltage. He thought it was in the 12's. He also said that Denso is very conservative in their numbers.

Is that flow # more or less than the warlbo.Arnt they 255 lph?

The 255 number is at something like 14.1 volts. The Denso pump is supposed to be far better that the Walbro. The number quoted is probably around 12.2 to 12.5 volts, a static battery charge, vice us using a hot wire directly off the back of the altinator with 14+ volts.

Mike

The Denso (Toyota Supra Twin-Turbo), as being discussed herein, has a nominal rating of 280 lph,,,

Some results I saw posted earlier showed no's for these 2 pumps,,, 13.5V, 43psi delivery pressure-->255lph (W'bro 340) & 290lph for the "280 Denso",,,this only meaningful @ idle--whereas we need volumes pumped under higher pressures,,,

As many are running higher boost, let's pick 43# static + 27# boost==70psi total fuel delivery pressure req'd,,,here, at 12.0V, the W340 was at 170 lph, as was also the Denso280,,,

BUT, bumping the voltage up to 13.5 gave 208 lph for the W340 & 231 lph for the "D280". In general, the higher the the req'd pressure & higher supplied voltage--the more the D280 is favored...

A really BIG HOWEVER though,,,the Denso is an amp-hog...

According to data form the stealth316 website, the Walbro is about 260 lph at 43 psi and 13.5 volts. The Denso -1020 at the same operating conditions is about 275 lph.

The Denso pump is better than the Walbro up to about 68 psi. After that the Walbro takes over.

Of note is the HKS 1407-RN019. It is a "268 lph" pump. It is slightly less than than the Denso -1020 up to about 60 psi. Then is better than both the Walbro and Denso pumps from there up. For example, at 85 psi it is 40 lph more than the Walbro and 60 lph more than the Denso. It is more than the Walbro from 35 to 90 psi.

Pls be aware that individual pumps of the same model are subject to variation. Trying to hang on exact "test numbers" is like trying to nail ______ to the wall. Another comparative test would likely yield different results than any of the specifics already quoted...

OK we have the new harnesses done and tested.
It will be compatible with the Denso in-tank pump the SPI, G77 and G75 factory senders.
The manual is in the works but we can probably start to ship these first and post the manual as a link or on a forum.

The part number will be G7X-UBITWH @ $30.00.

It is compatible with the Racetronix and other HW harnesses.

OK we have the new harnesses done and tested.
It will be compatible with the Denso in-tank pump the SPI, G77 and G75 factory senders.
The manual is in the works but we can probably start to ship these first and post the manual as a link or on a forum.

The part number will be G7X-UBITWH @ $30.00.

It is compatible with the Racetronix and other HW harnesses.

Thanx Jack -just in time for the Holidays and winter projects:D

ps is it on your website yet?

Did I miss the 3 way block on what it is called other than like foam-de-poe on the LS1 site when he did the DIY dual intank pump set up, you would think that the person doing the write up would get the parts needed to do the job correctly identified other than sounds like foam de something!!, and where to get one.

Ron

The graph shown on the ebay page is from data taken from the Denso -1020. Notice the graph title is missing. The -0155 ebay kit has the -0014 pump, which is for the same application (Twin turbo Supra) but is a different part number. But the one operating point quoted (290 lph @ 43 psi; @ 14 V) looks like the same as for the -1020 (actually a little better). So it "looks" like a legit TT Supra replacement item.

As a side note: Both the Bosch 040 and 044 have more flow than all mentioned in this thread.

The graph shown on the ebay page is from data taken from the Denso -1020. Notice the graph title is missing. The -0155 ebay kit has the -0014 pump, which is for the same application (Twin turbo Supra) but is a different part number. But the one operating point quoted (290 lph @ 43 psi; @ 14 V) looks like the same as for the -1020 (actually a little better). So it "looks" like a legit TT Supra replacement item.

As a side note: Both the Bosch 040 and 044 have more flow than all mentioned in this thread.

how do they fit

Not very well. Since they weren't made for our cars, some fab work would be involved. Exactly what, I'm not sure. But the external pumps would prob be the easiest. Just cut the line, add some fittings...