2755015 BFG Drag Radials

flattype

Tryed a search but no luck. Will these tires fit an 86 T-type without springs spacers etc? Or will I need air bags frame notch etc. Thanks Eric

I had them mounted on 15x7 stock GN rims(rear suspension has cargo springs and Billstein shocks) and they fit fine..no rubbing

You will find they will rub the frame slightly on off ramps, but should not in a straight line (unless your control arm bushings are worn out).

The 275/60's are slightly narrower and will rub the frame less than the 50's.

had them on my 86 t-type , no rubs at all with 4" bs on center lines, still use them @ the track.

cjacobs said:
had them on my 86 t-type , no rubs at all with 4" bs on center lines, still use them @ the track.

Thats a good 1/4 mile time for a mostly stock car. What was your 60 ft time? Im waiting for cooler weather then I will run mine (have 2356015 bfg drags now) It actually hooks pretty well with just the 235s (7-9 psi launch) but the 275s will give it a tougher look.

BFG 275/50/15 DR's

flattype,

I have a pair of these that have just a few passes on them. The rubber nibs are still on them. I got them from a board member who failed to mention one of them rubbed the outer wheel lip and sliced the tire (said they were on a Mustang). It is not all the way thru and might be just fine, but I can't gaurantee it. The other is perfect. PM me if you want a great deal on the pair. I bought GTA wheels and no longer need them.

what about an 86 GN wheel?

will the 275/60/15 fit with out a spacer? I got springs and airbags but stock wheels and would love to get a set of 275'50 or 275'60s if they dont rub. But I havn't put the car up and checked the measurments myself yet, still waiting for my fast system and other parts to start the project. Thanks.

XxDarkSidexX said:
what about an 86 GN wheel?

will the 275/60/15 fit with out a spacer? I got springs and airbags but stock wheels and would love to get a set of 275'50 or 275'60s if they dont rub. But I havn't put the car up and checked the measurments myself yet, still waiting for my fast system and other parts to start the project. Thanks.

The 50's are more likely to rub on a GN wheel than a T-type wheel.

A good choice for the GN wheel is the 255/60 M/T drag radial or for longer street life, the Nitto 275/60, which is narrower and slightly shorter than the BFG 275/60... and should last twice as long in street use, due to its thicker tread.

machinegun said:
personally I recommend the Mickey Thompson Drag radials. Use 275 60 15 and they should not rub.

Wont a 28 inch tire be too tall for a fairly mild (te44 208/201 cam stock heads) car?

flattype said:
Wont a 28 inch tire be too tall for a fairly mild (te44 208/201 cam stock heads) car?

I went 11.53@118 with a 100% stock longblock, TA49/36# Bluetops/Big neck Stock intercooler with 275/60 BFG's. Mid 1.6's 60 foots on a very slippery track.

You should be fine.

UNGN said:
The 50's are more likely to rub on a GN wheel than a T-type wheel.

A good choice for the GN wheel is the 255/60 M/T drag radial or for longer street life, the Nitto 275/60, which is narrower and slightly shorter than the BFG 275/60... and should last twice as long in street use, due to its thicker tread.

which nitto do you recommend?

XxDarkSidexX said:
which nitto do you recommend?

I recommend the 275/60 Drag radial. The Nitto 275/50 drag radial is only 25.65" tall (vs. 26.1 for a BFG or M/T) when new and get even shorter when they wear, which kills 1/4 mile trap speed on a stock long block car.