231 Carbed V6

I have a set of headers and dual true catback system almost new for the NA 231 that i had on my 86 cutlass, i had a 204/204 KB cam, 7000rpm hi rev lifters,#1 single plane manifold, with a electronic carb off a 307-recalibrated-and i had it up to 200 hp and about 25 mpg-i got more power and better mileage from mine before converting everything over to a turbo set up. The header back complete exhaust system is for sale. very negotiable.

Shoot 49 that is pretty good fuel mileage. What kind of off the line torque did you have with the single plane intake? I went dual plane as they are supposed to have more off the line.

By using the electronic 4 barrel it even passed emissions with flying colors and sounded like a big block chevy at idle-acceleration in the rpm range was very quick-instant. great combo just wanted more power-nothing as good as a turbo motor.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Those numbers seem inflated. Are those Dyno figures? Or off the top? :confused:
I used Desktop Dyno with my mods and got about 175 HP with a duel plane. Less with the OEM 4.1 single plane. Same mods or close. :rolleyes:

MPG 18-20. Right now with the duel I'm getting 17-18 max. These are calculated the old fashion trip odometer reading divided by gallons used.
I've been using this method for 5 years and I get the same mpg readings consistantly.:cool:

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Shoot 49 that is pretty good fuel mileage. What kind of off the line torque did you have with the single plane intake? I went dual plane as they are supposed to have more off the line.

Those numbers are real world numbers about the same as a stock gn on the highway-mileage divided by the amount of gallons used-this is on a true dual catback system with headers and two cats and duals all the way back-( i paid about $1000. for the headers and dual catback system with custom pipes)-the horsepower was done on a dyno at e-town-alittle over 200.hp

Change your rear gears first most if not all n/a 231 came with a 2.41 rear gear ratio switch to a 3.23 or 3.08.Keep the 2 barrel carb better gas mileage and response than the 4 barrel.Get an electric fan,headers,good performance exhaust,advance the timing,lighten up the vehicle,give it a good performance tune up.If you want more power then you will have to spend more and get into the motor.