2014 Texas Buick Nationals Race Information

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
This will be a bracket event with a max of five classes but there may be less but no less than two classes. Pending car count and ET's

5 class scenario
Class A 10.99 and faster
Class B 11.00-11.99
Class C 12.00-12.99
Class D 13.00 -13.99
Class E 14.00 and slower

4 class scenario
Class A 11.99 and faster
Class B 12.00-12.99
Class C 13.00-13.99
Class D 14.00 and slower

3 class scenario
Class A 11.99 and faster
Class B 12.00 - 13.99
Class C 14.00 and slower

2 class scenario
Class A 12.50 and faster
Class B 12.51 and slower

After Time trials we will set the classes, there will be a drivers meeting before Eliminations start. It is $10 to bracket. This $10 may be collected at the gate or in the drivers meeting this is to be determined.

Example only: 40 cars and 4 classes that is $400.00. $100.00 to each class winner. The more cars the bigger the payouts.

Ok a few updates and a small change on the time.

Of course the gates will open at 12 Noon for our group, the track will be ready for time trials by 1pm and we will run TnT until about 430pm. We will have the track to ourselves until the regular street night crowd starts coming in around 4pm. There will be a drivers meeting after TnT to set the classes and we will start eliminations around 5-530pm.

It will be $10 at the gate to race (TnT) or watch. At the drivers meeting is when you'll pay your $10 to bracket. We'll have a table set up in the pits to collect your bracket $$.

Posted the info over at the 301 Garage so we might just see some ponchos join in David. They seem interested and there's a few in the DFW area. Hopefully it'll get passed on to other sites now.;) So far things look good and a friend of mine will be joining us all the way from SC.(y)

Last edited:
Just checking, c ya there, thanks

Reason being we have LSPBC club members with cars other than Buicks. Mustangs, Firebirds, G8's, Challengers etc. So I did not want to exclude anyone. I expect mostly Buick's but anything is ok. If you have friends with other Muscle cars they are welcome.

Dave, I believe I"m going to make it either way at least to watch/support.
Do you think there's plenty of time between times to test and tune?

Dave, I believe I"m going to make it either way at least to watch/support.
Do you think there's plenty of time between times to test and tune?
We have the track to ourselves for the first four hours shouldnt be a problem.

A car show has been added to the event.

I had a couple of requests from non racers so we will add a car show to the mix in Temple. It will be held at the track during the time trials. $10 to enter with 100% payout plus we'll do a trophy or two.

To keep it simple it will be a people's choice vote. All adults will get one vote. Depending on the car count on how many places it will pay. Example 10 cars = $100 to the winner with trophies for 2nd and 3rd. 20 cars $125 to first $75 for 2nd and 3rd place will get a trophy.

So saturday during the day, what is the schedule? or is there just racing at night? I just want to come up for the day

So saturday during the day, what is the schedule? or is there just racing at night? I just want to come up for the day

Gates open at 12 noon for our event. Time trials start at 1pm till about 430pm. Our elims will start around 5p-530p.

For the regular street night event those cars will start coming in around 430pm. While we are running elims there regular crowd will be running time trials.

Less than a month to go guys. The track opens at 12 or will it be open before that for early birds.

What is the date for event and where?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app