2012 Hotrod Power Tour

I'll be there as well leaving DFW on Tuesday getting to Miami a day ahead of the tour.

The TFW will be representing and doing the Long Haul again! Wooop Wooop!!!:D
who ya ridin with this year??? LOL.

I'm in. rollin the 87 T this year for the long haul....I hope I'm not the one with an 84 GN attached to my bumper with a tow strap.....:eek: TFW all the way!

I live in Champaign, IL. I'll look for the GN's at the Assembly Hall. Do you guys have a hotel room lined up? Maybe we could do a bar b que or just go to Texas Roadhouse. Let me know. I think there is going to be a band playing outdoors downtown in the evening.
001.JPG

Austin,
Are you starting in Detroit? If so I will call ahead and let all the farmers on the route know that their sheep are not safe!

I will be running in a 87' Grand National, I live in Milford, if anyone needs a spot to wrench early in the tour. Should have a 69' GTO Judge and a 2002 SLP Special Edition Camaro running with us. Going to at least St. Louis.......

For some of the veterans, what parts/items would you recommend bringing? I'm thinking phone, phone charger, gps, distilled water (what I run for coolant), jumper cables, common hand tools. What am I missing?

As many sensors as you can think of- TPS, MAF (if you are still using one), Cam sensor, crank sensor, spare engine, spare transmission, fuel pump.

Wow I thought I posted last night.

Oh well, that's funny. The sheep don't want it at first but they always want me baaaa ck.

I pulled the cam out of my car last night. Had it machined today

Dennis Hogan (2SLOW) is on his way in his new Jeep SRT8. We tried like mad to get his blue TType ready but just plane ran outta time. I was working 15 hrs a day for a month trying to help him make it with his frame off build. It runs but needs a few more tweaks before taking it on a 4,000 mile trip. I'll post a write up on his car as soon as I get a few full body pictures when he gets back.. 252" stroked. 109 with ported GN1's and billet turbo. Boxed frame rails, narrowed rear frame rails, added cross members, aluminum core support, glass hood, frame holes welded up (so we don't loose sockets into the cross member) and a TON of other details I've forgotten. Good luck to all you folks making the trip. Look for Dennis red SRT8 Jeep with Washington plates. Old guy that will stand on the throttle when sideways at 100+mph. Woohooo.....

For those that make it to Texas, we've just cut 5 acres of mesquite down and I will do my best to hook up with all of you to make sure you get some for BBQ in the future. May not be more than a few LBS but I will do my best to make sure as many of you get some for cooking or smoking if you want it.;)

looks like my road trip to Texas might meet up with the Power tour in the area of Stillwater, OK.. if you see my POS 86 Camaro honk at me and tell me to get out of your way..

389203_10151752055890441_1489961057_n.jpg

With less than a week from leaving for the tour and my cat hanger broke and screwed up the rest of the exhaust system. Everything shifted out of place. To make it even better I am on nights until Friday morning. It gets even better since it is going to be raining Friday and I don't have room in the garage to work on it. I did get the old hanger off today and drilled out the rivets. I just need to go get the new piece of rubber to hang it back up. I will be in Detroit even if I have to stay up all day Friday to get it fixed!

looks like my road trip to Texas might meet up with the Power tour in the area of Stillwater, OK.. if you see my POS 86 Camaro honk at me and tell me to get out of your way..

389203_10151752055890441_1489961057_n.jpg

Is that a Buford T Justice star on the door? lol

If anyone is going to be in the Miami area (ahead of the tour) early on Wed 6th there are a few of us going to the Darryl Starbird Musuem if anyone wants to join us.

http://www.darrylstarbird.com/