2012 Buick vs Ford is a go!!!

mrstage1

Last time I posted I mentioned I was working on something to keep this event alive. We have succeeded.

This is fresh off the presses news and I haven't even had time to make fliers and any advertising. I have contacted the major players and the same familiar faces will be greeting entrants and fans upon arrival. Lots of stuff left to do in the coming days, weeks and months but I wanted to inform all of the guys who felt as bad as me about possibly not having Buick vs Ford to look forward to that they can now enjoy their summer prepping to get a win for team Buick.

I do have a couple answers to obvious questions at this time though.

The date: October 6th.

The track: Mid America Dragway in Ark City, Kansas.(Little over 2 hours North of Noble.)

All I got for now but I will be posting more info soon.

I just had to get this out there as I was too stoked to sit on it til I got the flyers and other info done.

Last time I posted I mentioned I was working on something to keep this event alive. We have succeeded.

This is fresh off the presses news and I haven't even had time to make fliers and any advertising. I have contacted the major players and the same familiar faces will be greeting entrants and fans upon arrival. Lots of stuff left to do in the coming days, weeks and months but I wanted to inform all of the guys who felt as bad as me about possibly not having Buick vs Ford to look forward to that they can now enjoy their summer prepping to get a win for team Buick.

The track: Mid America Dragway in Ark City, Kansas.(Little over 2 hours North of Noble.)

I just had to get this out there as I was too stoked to sit on it til I got the flyers and other info done.

Mark: This was good news to read. Thanks for stepping in and keeping this event going.

Look forward to coming to Kansas to take on a Ford.

If you contact the moderator, they will gladly set this thread as a "sticky".

Phil Engle

You just had to go further north, didn't you Phil.:p It would be warmer further south so think about it next time.:D

You just had to go further north, didn't you Phil.:p It would be warmer further south so think about it next time.:D

Air temperature for my race for the last 2 years has been in the high 90's, going north for cooler air.:D

I am going to get a trailer so I could bring my car down to Dallas and also go over and meet the Buick guys from Arkansas.

Can you get this thread set up as a sticky?

Phil Engle

Glad someone took charge and made this happen. I always look forward to this event and a great time with a lot of good Buick Guys and Gals. See you in October. HiTech6

Update from Mark Schackelford
Ok fellas. Been off the grid awhile working to solve a little dilemma with the track.....being open or not. LOL.

As of this week I have been informed we will indeed be able to run the event at Ark City. There was a fair bit of drama with the track even being open and I have much respect for the track owner Bill Wood's diligence in working toward getting the track open at all this season. It has been one hit after another for him and me. I think I actually started getting some grey hairs over this deal(gasp). However, throughout it all he has been willing to honor a contract I signed with someone in February when Mr. Woods health was forcing him to step away, who was purchasing the track and got rejected for other reasons. That's a stand up guy in my book. Other factors then caused some serious setbacks and I was ready to enact plan B and move the event but at the 11th.99 hour I was told to go ahead and restart promoting the event cause they will be open for us.

So, to cliff it. The event is still on. It has been moved for some of our racer's convenience regarding the nationals to October 13th. There will be test and tune on the evening of Friday the 12th. I am in the coming days gonna revamp all the fliers and hope to get those up soon as well as carpet bomb the net with info to other sites in hopes to have a large turnout of racers to make this a great event.

I humbly apologize for any inconvenience and worries this may have brought on. I too was on pins and needles waiting with the rest of you.

Thanks, Mark Shackelford(mrstage1)​

Phil, is this event going to be at this new location from now on or is it just for this year. I really hope it goes back to Noble, OK. It is just a little to far for us Texas guys in San Antonio and Austin. Thanks.

Phil, is this event going to be at this new location from now on or is it just for this year. I really hope it goes back to Noble, OK. It is just a little to far for us Texas guys in San Antonio and Austin. Thanks.

I don't know.

Need to edit the first post on this thread to have the correct date for those that don't read through the whole thing. Also would be nice to hear something from Mark as its been almost a month?