2011 Turbo Regal

bmackinnon

Just saw a 'crawl' on cnn that GM is announcing the arrival of the new 2011 Buick Regal.... Looked it up and found it's based on the german Opel Insignia.... and will come standard with a 4-banger, with turbo 4-banger later in the summer of 2011.... I was REALLY hoping GM had decided to re-badge the Pontiac G8 to a Regal.... perhaps even a supercharged 'GN' model.... :(

Here's a link with a pic:
G.M. to Position New Buick Regal as Premium Sport Sedan - Wheels Blog - NYTimes.com

I speak/read some Dutch I just surfed over to the Dutch Opel site trying to find some more specs on the Insignia. In my opinion, the wagon looks even better than the sedan. They have an "OPC" version (think M series, AMG, etc) that has a 2.8 liter V-6 with 325 horsepower.

Although the links are in Dutch, you can get more if an idea of the Insignia.

OPC wagon: Nieuwe OPC op de Nürburgring.

Overall Insignia site:
Opel Insignia

Dutch Insignia Brochure: http://www.opel.nl/showroom/files/pdf/nl/brochure/insignia_brochure.pdf (really nice looking interior and cool adaptive headlights based on vehicle speed).

Performance specs are in 0-100 kmh (approximately 62 mph)

2.0 4 cylinder turbo (7.6 seconds with six speed manual and 7.8 seconds with six speed automatic)

2.8 V-6 turbo (6.0 seconds with six speed manual, auto not available)

Rob

It sux! GM could do better than that! That body looks like the lacrosse. They need to do a reto just like ford did with the mustang or the T-bird Now that was a good reto.

Before you go bashing the 2.0 turbo thats going to be in there you should first know what its capable of, which is far more than the 2.8 V6. I'm deep in the cobalt world and the one vendor right now ZZP is running well over 500HP and low 11 sec passes with it.

Nothing more than fuel mods, tuning, and a turbo swap done. Completely stock engine, hasnt even had the valve cover off. That would outpower alot of the cars even on this site.

Before you go bashing the 2.0 turbo thats going to be in there you should first know what its capable of, which is far more than the 2.8 V6. I'm deep in the cobalt world and the one vendor right now ZZP is running well over 500HP and low 11 sec passes with it.

Nothing more than fuel mods, tuning, and a turbo swap done. Completely stock engine, hasnt even had the valve cover off. That would outpower alot of the cars even on this site.

Can you PM me some links?
I would love to read about that.
Thanks in advance!!!

I tried looking at the zzp web site and it was hard to read / navigate.
Any other links?

I went to the opel sight for Greece. They have a 325hp v6 turbo awd. Only problem is it's 46,000 euro which is about $65-70k US.